- Program Coordinator
- University of Houston - Downtown
Summary of the Job
This Program Coordinator coordinates and provides administrative support for the UHD Center for Student Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Coordinates programs to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in the Center, and in accordance with specified objectives. Coordinates program events in support of the Center mission, improving campus climate, student recruitment, developing partnerships, and strengthening relationships, in some cases fundraising.
- Coordinates program activities and events, prepares agendas and program workflow, and coordinates contract and financial processes.
- Performs database administration for the program.
- Reviews records and reports of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified Center objectives; recommends modifications to methods or procedures as required to redirect activities and ensure that objectives are attained.
- Assists in developing metrics and analytical data for Center activities.
- Coordinates collaboration with other departments to promote the goals and objectives of the Center.
- May perform web design and post social media announcements.
- Stays abreast of best practices, as well as governmental and other local agencies guidelines that may impact Center activities.
- May require travel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Direct Reports: May supervise full-time and part-time employees, and student workers.
Delegation of Work: May regularly assign work to subordinate(s).
Supervisor Given: May make final decision on evaluation of employee performance; hiring new employees; disciplinary actions; makes final decision on scheduling employee work hours; may make final decisions on coaching, counseling, and training; provides recommendations on handling employee grievances and complaints; and may make final decisions on granting time off.
Interaction with Others: Interacts extensively with employees, students, vendors, UHD faculty, and staff, regulatory bodies, and other institutions over the telephone, by email, and/or in person.
Student Interactions: Always (More than 85% in a year)
- Knowledge of database management
- Knowledge in specific program is an asset
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft System in an asset
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
- Knowledge of systems of privilege/oppression
- Knowledge of minority, and especially minority student, concerns, challenges, and issues
Baccalaureate degree required.
Minimum of (3) years of relevant experience. Experienced applicants with degrees/experience in Higher Education Administration, Cultural Studies, Gender Studies, Race and Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, LGBTQ Studies, and Diversity/Multicultural Studies/Education are especially encouraged to apply.
For additional information and to apply, please visit http://jobs.uhd.edu/postings/3132.
The University of Houston-Downtown is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of any of its programs and activities, as specified by all applicable laws and regulations. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More search results
Vice Chancellor for Information Technology
University of California, Santa Cruz
Assistant or Associate Professor - Computer Scien…
Cal Poly Computer Science
Assistant Professor of Teacher Education
University of Southern Maine
Assistant Professor of Sport Management
University of Southern Maine
Assistant Professor in Counseling-Student Affairs…
Northern Arizona University