Associate Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management
- Appalachian State University
- Boon, NC
Appalachian State University seeks a dynamic and forward-thinking leader to be the next Associate Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management. We seek an Associate Vice Chancellor who will provide a vision and strategic direction for all aspects of Enrollment Management at Appalachian and a proven ability to create and meet enrollment projections. The Associate Vice Chancellor provides leadership and management to the Office of Admissions, Registrar's Office, Office of Transfer Services, College Access Partnerships, Office of Student Financial Aid, Office of University Scholarships, and Student Veteran Services.
The Associate Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management will possess an ability to implement both traditional and innovative tools to bring Appalachian to the attention of an increasingly broad cross-section of the college-going public, and the collaborative leadership and finesse required to run a seamless and positive enrollment experience for students and their families. He or she will bring vision, integrity, significant strategic and analytical capacity, exceptional communication skills, technological savvy, and an inclination always to place students and education at the forefront.
Required qualifications include the following:
- Candidates must possess an earned master’s degree and significant experience with Enrollment Management in a higher education environment;
- Ability to analyze data to shape strategic directions and make appropriate adjustments to an integrated and strategic enrollment effort that clearly identifies and defines historical enrollment patterns and forecasts trends in new student markets;
- Understanding of net tuition revenue and how to optimize financial aid, pricing, and the leveraging of institutional resources to recruit and retain students.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting diverse students, including international students.
- Knowledge of major enrollment, academic and diversity issues with a demonstrated clear understanding of the importance of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment in a public, comprehensive university setting;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative communication style, and a commitment to and record of exemplary personal and professional integrity
Preference will be accorded to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Doctorate highly desired
- Evidence of promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for students, faculty, and staff;
- Success in supporting staff in creating transformational educational experiences for students;
- Success with strategic planning;
- Ability to implement technological advancements to improve business processes and the student experience
- Dynamic team-building and leadership skills with evidence of deep appreciation of and support for shared governance; and
- Commitment to engagement at local, state, national, and global levels.
Appalachian State University is a member institution of the sixteen-campus University of North Carolina System. Located in Boone, North Carolina, the University enrolls approximately 18,000 students. Appalachian aspires to be the destination institution for dedicated students who seek challenging academic programs and co-curricular experiences, engaged faculty and a vibrant campus culture that will shape them into engaged, responsible global citizens. Inspired by the ideal of sustainable community, Appalachian seeks to deliver the Southeast’s best comprehensive, progressive education.
A complete application will include a letter describing relevant experiences and interest in the position and a current resume or curriculum vitae. It is requested that the application package include the names of five references with titles, institutions, and contact information. References will not be contacted until approval is provided by the candidate. These materials should be submitted to the ASU application portal at https://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/14423.
Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should send an email with information about the nominated individual to Witt/Kieffer, an executive search firm, which is assisting Appalachian in this search. Please include the name, position, address, telephone number, and email address of the nominee.
Inquiries and nominations should be submitted to:
Amy Crutchfield and Kim Brettschneider
2015 Spring Road, Suite 510
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Phone: 630-575-6943 (Laura Novak, assistant to the search)
For more information about ASU, please visit http://www.appstate.edu
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact either of the search committee co-chairs. Proper documentation of identity and employability will be required before the hiring process can be finalized. Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University’s receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.
More search results
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Portland State University
Washington University in St. Louis
Term Assistant Professor of Management
George Mason University
Dean of the School of Arts and Letters
College of St. Scholastica
Director of Institutional Compliance
University of North Texas