Director (Administrator II)/ Center for International Programs and Services
- CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, SAN BERNARDINO
- San Bernardino , California
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, SAN BERNARDINO
invites applications for the position of:
Director (Administrator II)/ Center for International Programs and Services
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
OPENING DATE: 01/25/17
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Employment Status: Full-time "exempt" position
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Work Schedule: Generally, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (during Summer term Monday through Thursday 7:00 am to 5:30 pm), and as needed; considerable international travel is required.
Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning February 17, 2017.
Under the general direction of the Associate Dean of the College of Extended Learning, the Director for the Center for International Studies and Programs (CISP) provides leadership, oversight, and management of CISP's staff, programs, budget, and services. Designed as a one-stop-shop, CISP provides comprehensive services and programming for matriculated and visiting students, visiting scholars, applicants to CSUSB degree programs, and study abroad and exchange students. Director's responsibilities include overseeing those service areas, as well as immigration and recruitment units.
The Incumbent serves as the member of the leadership team of the College of Extended Learning and is responsible for providing leadership in developing and achieving goals for the Center in support of the College and University goals and vision. The Director is responsible for institutional compliance with federal and state laws and regulations that pertain to international students and scholars, as well as compliance with California State University (CSU) and campus policies. The incumbent serves as Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) for the F-1 student program, Responsible Officer (RO) for the J-1 exchange visitor program, and coordinates the employment- based residency application (H1-B).
The incumbent will be responsible for:
• Developing goals, documenting their progress; reporting outcomes, preparing annual and other reports;
• Leading and overseeing daily operations of the Immigration, Student Services, and Recruitment units; and providing general guidance to Associate Director responsible for the Study Abroad and Student Exchange unit; Developing programs and initiatives, increasing enrollments, and improving service; providing administrative oversight of financial operations of CISP;
• Setting standards, procedures, and practices to achieve excellence in program delivery, student service, and partner experience, while complying with all applicable laws and regulations;
• Ensure operational efficiency, quality, and continuous improvement through assessment and evaluation; and identifying information technology solutions that improve efficiency and services;
• Collaborating across the campus and divisions on projects and initiatives on campus internationalization and global engagement; cultivating and building relationships on campus to foster opportunities for global engagement;
• Designing and expanding initiatives to improve social and cultural programming that enhance international student and scholar academic, social, and cultural integration into campus life; leading development of retention and academic advisement services to address the unique situations that affect international students;
• Creating and championing initiatives that foster collaborative and positive work environment, professional growth and learning, and continuous improvement; engaging, mentoring, coaching, and developing direct reports to ensure successes of individuals and the teams; supervising and evaluating staff performance in accordance to CSU policies and CISP goals;
• Leading the recruitment unit in developing the CSUSB international brand development and international student recruitment. Conducting market research and assessing international markets to develop recruitment plans and strategies, to identify new international audiences and markets, to determine effective marketing strategies, to develop innovative lead management and recruitment tools, and to develop and manage student outreach and recruitment.
• Traveling regularly, both domestically and internationally, for recruitment, promotion and maintenance of programs and relationship
Applicants must possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
• Five years of progressively responsible experience in the field of international education administration, including two years of administrative and supervisory experience with fiscal management responsibilities.
• Three years of experience as DSO or PDSO and good knowledge of United States visa regulations, rules, and regulations that pertain to F-1, J-1, and H1B categories; demonstrated knowledge of USCIS regulations for immigrant and nonimmigrant populations; working knowledge of policies and procedures regarding visa issuance, SEVIS relations and reporting; Department of Homeland Security regulations and Immigration and Customs Enforcement regulations regarding foreign students and scholars in the U.S.
• Experience with student advisement practices.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and present ideas and concepts verbally and in writing to culturally diverse audiences.
• Experience in interpreting and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, as well as experience developing policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally to support recruitment and program development and implementation.
• Ability to work additional hours, occasional holidays, and adjust working hours to meet special programs.
• Master's degree in a related field.
• Seven to ten years' experience in international education programs and/or management.
• Experience in living, working, or studying abroad for three months or longer.
• Experience in developing and designing support services, including advising, and programming to foster student engagement in an international education office.
• Experience in international outreach and recruitment.
• Working knowledge of culture, government, and education in countries outside the U.S.A.
• Advanced knowledge of budgets, personnel management, and administration.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in language(s) other than English.
• Experience and expertise in risk management for both in-bound and out-bound students; with demonstrated experience with best practices in risk management.
In support of the strategic plans adopted by the CSU system and by California State University, San Bernardino, the Center for International Studies and Programs (CISP) leads the campus' globalization process by collaborating with university and off-campus partners to develop and promote activities, programs, and services that meet the international needs of our university, regional, national, and global communities.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
More search results
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Our Lady of the Lake University
Inaugural Dean, College of Health
Associate Vice Chancellor, IT Services and Chief …
University of California Los Angeles
Director and Professor, School of Criminology and…
Florida Atlantic University
Associate or Full Professor – Demography/Populati…
Minnesota Population Center - University of Minnesota