Assistant Director of Public Safety Operations
Reporting to the Director of Public Safety, the Assistant Director of Public Safety for Operations helps to ensure the safety of the diverse campus community and its visitors through effective leadership, by fostering and maintaining positive internal and external relationships, and through education and training of the campus community and Public Safety staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Understanding of organizational cultures and effective in learning and managing organizational processes. Has experience or knowledge to understand how organizations operate, formally and informally. Works effectively with organizational structures, policies and practices to achieve positive results. Ability to work in the face of obstacles; has a calm steady demeanor; embraces challenges; is willing to take unpopular stance; shows significant level of effort to achieve goals.
Makes well informed, effective, quality, timely decisions; analyzes and understands implications of decisions; takes calculated risks; take ownership of decisions; strives for excellence; holds self-accountable. Understands organizational liability and can evaluate right and wrong; has qualities of character, courage, prudence; committed to core values and beliefs; acts in an ethical way that reflects agency and personal values. Employs analytical abilities and pragmatism; can understand a complex situation; confronts issues and looks for long-term solutions.
- Lead; review and oversee daily department patrol operations including schedules; overtime planning and officer placement.
- Develop, implement and enforce policies necessary for the safe, efficient and effective delivery of public safety services.
- Monitor daily emergency response and performance of operational units. Respond to and assume command of emergencies as necessary.
- Assist the Director of Public Safety with the general administration of the department including strategic and tactical planning; preparing and administering the budget, and managing and developing staff.
- Responsible for all community crime risk reduction and prevention programs
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the security of special events and details such as commencement, sporting events, visits by governmental officials and various other high profile events held at SCCC. Will work directly with the Director of Special Events in this regard.
- Oversee investigations of complaints and incident reports. Reviews condition reports such as vehicle inspection forms; and monitors consistency in public safety procedures college-wide.
- Assist in the development and administration of department programs, policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP.) Assist in the development, implementation and application of innovative safety and security systems and programs. Assist with college assessment initiatives.
More search results
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Portland State University
Washington University in St. Louis
Term Assistant Professor of Management
George Mason University
Dean of the School of Arts and Letters
College of St. Scholastica
Director of Institutional Compliance
University of North Texas