College-wide Assistant Dean for Grants Development
The Assistant Dean for Grants Development provides management and coordination for all pre-award grant activities, including compliance, at the College.
- Assist faculty, staff, and administrators with all aspects of grant/contract proposal preparation, (e.g., researching funding sources; designing/developing fundable grant projects and project goals/objectives; writing grant/contract applications; and completing forms required by funding agencies).
- Manage the process to research, identify, write and submit College grant proposals--foundation, corporate and government-- that support the College’s strategic plan. Also responsible for supervising submission of non-profit grant proposals through the SCC Foundation and SCC Association and the Center on the Holocaust, Diversity, and Human Understanding.
- Serve as Project Director for the College’s Perkins IV (Career & Technical Education) Grant, including preparation of the annual proposal and authoring all required reports.
- Lend technical and editorial assistance to faculty, staff and administrators in developing grant proposals, including consultation on project design, contact with funding sources, development and writing of proposals and technical review.
- Ensure that all proposals are reviewed, prior to submission, by appropriate College administrators.
- Initiate and monitor the grants submission process for the preparation of resolutions by the Office of Business and Financial Affairs for the College Board of Trustees and the County regarding grant proposals submitted by the College.
- Monitor grant awards and contracts received, inclusive of all pre-award compliance requirements.
- Through the use of varied methods, keep the college community informed about the activities of the Office of Grants Development, including services, resources, grants under review for funding and grants awarded.
- Assist with annual assessment, operational planning and grants awards reporting.
- Conduct grants training seminars and maintain a “user friendly” environment for grants initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the College Associate Dean of Sponsored Programs.