The Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Immunology is seeking a full time clinician in Rheumatology at the rank of Associate (non-track), Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor on the clinical track. The candidate will focus on building an outpatient practice and serving as an educator to medical students, residents, and fellows. Clinical duties may include rheumatology clinics, inpatient consultation services at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and the Veterans Affairs Health Care System. The Division enjoys a strong national reputation of excellence in research, patient care, and teaching.
- Hold MD/DO Degree or equivalent.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Board certified/eligible in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
- Strong oral and written communication/interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and interpersonal strengths in relationships with colleagues, staff, and patients
- Ability to develop and implement new clinical programs
- Demonstrated experience and interest in basic, translational or clinical research
- Demonstrated experience in teaching medical students, resident and fellows and/or related scholarly activity
- High levels of creativity with a demonstrated ability to work independently
For more information contact: Scott Vogelgesang M.D.
Professor & Division Director Division of Immunology Department of Internal Medicine firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us on the web at: http://www.medicine.uiowa.edu
To apply for this position please visit The University of Iowa website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu, search for requisition number 70446
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.