- Doctoral Faculty, School of Leadership Studies
- Fielding Graduate University
- 2020 De La Vina St, Santa Barbara, CA 93105
- Feb 14, 2017
Doctoral Faculty, School of Leadership Studies
Doctoral Faculty, School of Leadership Studies
Interdisciplinary PhD Programs in Human Development and in Organizational Development and Change
Three Full-Time Core Faculty Positions with expertise in:
Adult Development and Learning
FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted for consideration until the position has been filled. Applications received by February 15, 2017 will be given priority.
Fielding Graduate University is seeking scholar-practitioners with extensive practice experience and strong backgrounds in quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies to teach in our School of Leadership Studies (SLS).
Review of applications will begin on February 15, 2017, and applications will be accepted for consideration until the positions have been filled. We expect preferred candidates to begin full-time as early as May 1, 2017 and no later than September 1, 2017.
Fielding Graduate University is an innovative global community dedicated to educating scholars, leaders, and practitioners working to transform the world. We provide exemplary interdisciplinary graduate programs, designed for experienced practitioners, within a distributed and relational learning model grounded in student-driven inquiry and leading to enhanced knowledge of both theories and professional practices. This community of scholar-practitioners addresses personal, organizational, societal, ecological, and global concerns in pursuit of a more just and sustainable world. Our students and faculty live throughout North America and beyond, gathering in person and on-line for periodic national, regional, and local learning events during the year.
Our faculty members facilitate learning through seminars and independent studies that combine in-person, online, and video conferencing interactions. They serve as mentors and advisors, supervise doctoral dissertations, and work on program and university tasks and committees.
Primary assignments will be to the PhD programs in Human Development and in Organizational Development and Change, with supplementary involvement with other programs, including the EdD in Leadership for Change, and with concentrations in:
• Inclusive Leadership for Social Justice
• Leadership for Social and Ecological Sustainability
• Organization Development
• Evidence Based Coaching
• Media, Technology, and Innovation
• Creative Longevity and Wisdom
• Somatics, Phenomenology and Communicative Leadership
• Community College Leadership
• Higher Education Administration
Programs in SLS are interdisciplinary in nature and, in addition to expertise in the above concentrations, Fielding welcome applicants with backgrounds in social, educational, or environmental policy; coaching and leadership development; critical theories such as feminist, race, and queer theories; and non-profit organization development and change.
• Earned doctorate in a related field required;
• Record of research and scholarly publications;
• Experience in progressive student-centered education for adult learners, including teaching at the doctoral level and supervising doctoral dissertations;
• Demonstrated commitment to social justice, including intercultural awareness and competence in working with multicultural, multi-gender learners;
• Strong background in research methodologies;
• Experience in multi-media forms of communication including on-line teaching; and
• Availability to travel at least two weeks per year to residential sessions in various parts of the United States.
Fielding Graduate University utilizes ADP Workforce Now for online applications. Applicants will be prompted to create a user name and password to initiate the application process. The online application process takes approximately 30-60 minutes. Upon completion, applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via email.
Applications will not be reviewed unless the following are attached:
• Curriculum vitae;
• Cover letter that specifies the position for which you are applying and describes your qualifications;
• Three statements respectively addressing your teaching philosophy and experience, scholarship and practice in one or more of the areas named, and demonstrated ability to mentor a diverse student body.
Application URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=fielding&jobId=23160&lang=en_US&source=CC2
Fielding is committed to social justice and diversity. We strongly encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
More search results
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
Dean of the College of Business
Austin Peay State University
Student Conflict Resolution and Support Coordinat…
George Mason University
Colorado State University
Professional Assistant I – Information Technology…
Suffolk County Community College