- Vice President for Human Resources
- Iowa State University
- Ames, IA
- Feb 11, 2017
Iowa State University seeks an accomplished Vice President for Human Resources (VP-HR) to provide dynamic and strategic leadership in the development of progressive and responsive programs, services, and policies. The VP-HR will endeavor to create and sustain an environment that exemplifies the university's strategies for strengthening human resource management and promoting professional development. The VP-HR reports directly to the President. Areas of responsibility include performance management, employee and labor relations, compensation, recruitment, organizational development, benefits, student health insurance, worker's compensation, and childcare services.
About the Position:
Reporting to the President, the new role of Vice President for Human Resources is responsible for leading and administering the human resource programs as governed by the Board of Regents State of Iowa and ISU regulations, policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be a collaborator, effective communicator, and creative problem solver with demonstrated success as a transformational leader in building a high performing team. This person will have a record of innovation in policy and program delivery, progressive management responsibility and technical expertise in HR, and experience in strategic planning that moves the HR organization tangibly forward. Candidates will have knowledge of human resource issues impacting large, complex organizations.
Additional duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, recommend and implement university-wide regulations and policies relating to all areas of human resources
- Manage a large and diverse HR staff while implementing and overseeing training programs for continual improvement and professional development
- Collaborate with senior vice presidents, deans, faculty, and other departments across the University to create and sustain shared responsibility for human resources initiatives and programs
- Oversee the administration of the compensation system
- Serve as a transformational change agent to initiate and collaborate on the process redesign of human resources-related activities in order to support streamlining, transition to new platforms and documentation of those activities
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's degree and 10 years of related experience.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Additional years of experience in higher education
- PHR, SPHR, or GPHR
- Demonstrated strategic business expertise
About the University:
As a leading land grant university, Iowa State University values its mission to create, share, and apply knowledge through student-centered education, global collaboration, transformational basic and applied research, and extension and outreach. ISU fosters a diverse and rewarding work environment. Consistently ranked among the top 50 public universities by U.S. News and World Report, ISU is a distinguished AAU research university. Located in Ames, Iowa, rated one of the top ten best places to live in the country, ISU has nearly 37,000 undergraduate and graduate students and 6,200 employees. More information about ISU can be found at www.iastate.edu/about/.
Application and Nomination Process:
The Search Committee invites nominations, applications (a letter of interest, comprehensive curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of five or more references) or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting Iowa State University. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, to receive full consideration, applications must be received by February 10, 2017. Send materials to the following:
Porsha Williams, Vice President
Mitchel Bonds, Associate
Parker Executive Search
5 Concourse Parkway Suite 2900
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone: (770) 804-1996 ext. 113; Fax: (770) 804-1917
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against.
More search results
CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF NUTRITION
University of New Hampshire
Director, The McDermond Center for Management and…
Vice President for Enrollment
Assistant Professor in Journalism
University of Wisconsin Whitewater
Dean, College of Professional Education
Texas Woman’s University