- Director of Development, Isenberg School of Management
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Amherst, MA
Director of Development, Isenberg School of Management
As the Commonwealth’s flagship campus, the University of Massachusetts Amherst is making a profound, transformative impact to the common good. We are the largest public research university in New England, distinguished by the excellence and breadth of our academic, research and community outreach programs. Our students are bright, bold, unconventional thinkers and our campus culture typifies the ultimate public university experience with diverse students and deep community engagement. The town of Amherst offers the perfect blend of New England natural beauty and cosmopolitan culture and energy.
The Position: The Isenberg School of Management is seeking a Director of Development to support one of the most forward-thinking business schools in the country. This position, as part of the Isenberg fundraising team, reports to the Executive Director of Development for Isenberg.
- Articulate the vision of UMass Amherst and the Isenberg School to constituents.
- Apply your significant development experience to identify, cultivate, solicit, negotiate and steward major gifts.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 90 to 110 major gift prospects. Develop, document and implement a specifically crafted engagement and solicitation strategy for each assigned major gift prospect.
- Prepare written proposals, informational materials, endowment agreements, gift illustrations and other materials needed to secure major gifts.
- Steward donors through ongoing communication, recognition activities, and interaction with beneficiaries of their support.
- Coordinate and support the participation of the Dean, Department Chairs, Faculty and Advisory Board members in major gift fundraising activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required. BA in business preferred.
- Consistent track record of cultivating, soliciting and closing major gifts.
- Four or more years of experience in a development program, preferably with a business school at an educational institution. Equivalent experience in private sector sales or marketing will be considered.
- Exceptional people skills - the ability to be empathetic, responsive, resourceful and relationship-oriented.
- Decisive and organized with the skills to navigate multiple projects with ease.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly.
- Experience in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge of prospect management systems.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To be considered for this position: please submit a resume and letter of interest to Michelle Barden at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately, in the order in which they are received. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.
More search results
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream Statistical …
University of Toronto
Student Support Services Program Specialist
Eastern Oregon University
Lecturer in Discipline or Senior Lecturer in Disc…
Columbia University School of Professional Studies
Vice Provost for Research and Creative Activity
Greenwood/Asher & Associates
Associate Provost for Student Success and Foundin…
West Chester University of Pennsylvania