Project Coordinator for Educational Partnerships
The University of Southern Maine seeks a Project Coordinator for Educational Partnerships. The Coordinator is primarily responsible for leading and implementing a wide range of administrative, operational and project-based activities for the University of Southern Maine’s work connecting internal academic populations and external corporate partners. This includes coordination and oversight of issues related to all aspects of the intersecting work of the Director of Educational Partnerships and the Vice President of Corporate Engagement, as well as a full range of operational, logistical and project management duties, relevant meetings, report writing and internal and external communications. The position has considerable responsibility for complex, non-routine tasks in which independent judgment, initiative, and confidentiality are critical. Knowledge of technology, logistics, communication and the ability to assume responsibilities for important projects make this position a significant contributor to the University as a whole. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are essential. This position serves as the point of contact and organization for many constituencies.
The salary will be based on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. The anticipated salary for this position is mid $30s to low $40s (annualized). Extraordinary benefits include medical, dental, vision, and tuition waiver/discount programs for employees and dependents.
The University of Southern Maine (USM) is Maine’s Metropolitan University, dedicated to providing students with a high-quality, accessible, affordable education. USM’s strategic focus is in alignment with the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities and we are seeking to become a Carnegie Engaged University by the year 2020. USM offers Baccalaureate, Master's, and Doctoral programs, providing students with rich learning and community engagement opportunities in the arts, humanities, politics, health sciences, business, mass communications, science, engineering, and technology. Further information on USM can be found at www.usm.maine.edu.
USM’s three environmentally friendly campuses are unique, yet all share the extensive resources of the university — and all are energized through strong community partnerships. Offering easy access to Boston, plus the ocean, mountains and forests of coastal, inland and northern Maine, USM is at the heart of Maine's most exciting metropolitan region:
- Our Portland campus is located in "one of America’s most livable cities," according to Forbes magazine, which also ranks Portland among the top 10 for job prospects. A creative and diverse community on Maine’s scenic coast, Portland is nationally known as a culinary hot spot!
- USM’s beautiful residential Gorham campus supports and celebrates excellence in academics, athletics, music and the arts and is home to ten Living Learning Communities and six Residential Communities.
- Our Lewiston campus is home to USM’s innovative and richly diverse Lewiston-Auburn College. This Central Maine campus integrates classroom, community and workplace, and provides a small college experience with the resources of a large university.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- 3 years of work experience within an office setting
- Ability to problem-solve and identify both opportunities and potential challenges/roadblocks. Ability to take initiative and identify, propose, and organize systems to enhance services and management.
- Ability and willingness to work with frequent interruptions and manage multiple projects and competing priorities with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to keep up-to-date on key policies and procedures that affect areas of service, build alliances, and utilize contacts to build and strengthen internal support bases.
- Understanding of and experience in providing senior level management and leadership support with a strong orientation to customer service and professionalism
- Project Management experience
- Experience working in higher education
Apply online at: https://usm.hiretouch.com/view-all-jobs You will need to create an applicant profile, complete an application, upload a cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae and a list of contact information for three references. You will also need to complete the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status form.
Review of applications will begin January 22, 2017. Materials received on or after that date will be considered at the discretion of the university. We are not able to consider applicants who require Visa sponsorship support.
Appropriate background screening will be conducted for the successful candidate.
USM is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More search results
CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF NUTRITION
University of New Hampshire
Director, The McDermond Center for Management and…
Vice President for Enrollment
Assistant Professor in Journalism
University of Wisconsin Whitewater
Dean, College of Professional Education
Texas Woman’s University