Senior Education Specialist R16-57
- Research Foundation for SUNY
- Buffalo, NY
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Education Specialist position located in Buffalo, NY.
Description of Duties:
The project focus is to improve functioning of local county departments of social services while working closely with staff of the project sponsors, the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, to achieve the goals of safety, permanency, and well-being. Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, position works with the project team to conduct activities related to the design, development, and delivery of continuing professional education programming for experienced caseworkers and supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field;
- Two years’ experience in development and delivery of training and an understanding of adult learning;
- Two years’ experience in comprehensive child welfare programs and national and state legislation, performance standards and best practices;
- Knowledge of recent federal and New York State child welfare initiatives;
- Demonstrated proficiency with oral and written skills;
- Applicant must address in their application their abilities and experience in working with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities/competing deadlines in a team setting;
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft products;
- Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation, and the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field, and a minimum of two years’ experience in child welfare services/child protective services;
- Experience in the development and delivery of outcome-based training curricula; and
- Experience in curriculum development.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the mid-high $50s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to give a presentation that focuses specifically on an issue in the child welfare arena. Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=80006
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
More search results
Southern Methodist University Marketing Faculty P…
Southern Methodist University - Cox School of Business
DEAN, COLLEGE OF GRADUATE STUDIES AND RESEARCH
Dean of the College of Public Health
University of Georgia
LEADERSHIP GIFTS OFFICER
Missouri State University