Assistant Professor - Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
The Manning School of Business (MSB) at the University of Massachusetts Lowell is seeking one new tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Department of Marketing, Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
The preferred fields of specialization for the Assistant Professor position are: entrepreneurial marketing in addition to some of the other general areas of marketing, including NPD, market research, social media marketing and/or the general areas of entrepreneurship, including starting a new business, managing innovation, global entrepreneurship and corporate entrepreneurship.
The strengths of current marketing faculty are: "application-oriented NPD," global marketing, consumer marketing, retailing, digital marketing and marketing research in general.
Located 30 miles northwest of Boston, UMass Lowell has over 18,000 students and is one of the largest public universities in Massachusetts. The MSB has over 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students and is accredited by the AACSB-International. The School strongly supports the faculty to further enhance their research productivity and build program offerings at all degree levels. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to participate in (1) the growth and delivery of new academic programs such as our Ph.D. program with specializations in international business, leadership and organizational behavior, entrepreneurship, finance, accounting, MIS, and marketing, and (2) the growth of our Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Innovation and Technological Entrepreneurship, and undergraduate Marketing and Entrepreneurship programs, and (3) ongoing initiatives undertaken in research, instruction and outreach.
Successful candidates for this position are expected to develop a productive body of inter-disciplinary scholarship in the area of marketing and entrepreneurship. Classes are taught on-campus, online and, increasingly, abroad.
- Completed doctorate with an emphasis on Marketing and/or Entrepreneurship from an AACSB-International accredited business school (must have completed doctorate by the date of appointment, August 2017)
- Evidence of ongoing scholarly publication in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, and other related fields
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Teaching experience at the graduate or undergraduate levels
- Experience supervising and advising graduate students
- Industrial or corporate business experience
- Commitment to develop and sustain an externally funded research program
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to speak and write English clearly
- Experience in teaching online or web-enhanced courses
UMass Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal.
To apply, upload a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, sample of scholarly work / publication, evidence of teaching effectiveness, and names and contact information of three references at jobs.uml.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55283. Application is open until the position is filled but immediate applications are encouraged.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.