Audiology: Assistant/Associate Professor (two positions)
Position Title: Audiology: Assistant/Associate Professor (two positions)
Summary: Grand Valley State University (GVSU) in Grand Rapids, Michigan is currently accepting applications for two full-time tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders to support the Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) program. This is an exciting opportunity for innovative and motivated individuals who enjoy program development and desire to work with a team of dynamic faculty members.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D.; ABD considered; Au.D. with notable relevant experience considered) in audiology
- Area of expertise that complements current faculty
- Evidence of effective teaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Preference for applicants with expertise in electrophysiology for one of the positions
- Preference for applicants with demonstrated record and/or potential for active scholarship
- ASHA certification preferred
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Teaching in the Doctor of Audiology program and undergraduate pre-professional academic program.
- Tenure-track faculty members participate in scholarly activity, advise/mentor students, and provide service to the university, community, and the profession.
Salary: Highly competitive and commensurate with experience
Department/Division: Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, College of Health Professions
Campus: Health Campus
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu. Please include a cover letter and CV. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address for three professional references. References will not be contacted without notification to applicant. Applicants selected for interviews will be asked to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If assistance is needed, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. Information/questions regarding the position should be directed to the Search Committee Chair, Dan Halling, Ph.D., at email@example.com or 616-331-5604.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applications will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Allendale, Michigan 49401 - (616) 331-5000
For more information about Grand Valley, see our website at www.gvsu.edu
Grand Valley State University is an EOE which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. See http://www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)