Assistant Professor - Rehabilitation & Exercise Sciences
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Lowell, MA
Assistant Professor - Rehabilitation & Exercise Sciences
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Job no: 510290
Position type: Faculty Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Physical Therapy & Kinesiology
Applications Open: Dec 03 2021
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Department of Physical Therapy and Kinesiology at the University of Massachusetts Lowell seeks a full-time tenure-track faculty member to be appointed at the Assistant level.
The Department invites applicants who have vibrant and cohesive research program related to physical therapy, exercise science, or kinesiology. Topic areas of interest include, but are not limited to: rehabilitation sciences, digital health, movement sciences, cardiopulmonary sciences, biosensors, and robotics. Candidates who present additional evidence of clinical and/or teaching experience in physical therapy, particularly pediatric care, neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, and areas of neuroscience relating to motor skill acquisition and motor learning, or motor control are especially encouraged to apply. We seek applicants recognized for interprofessional collaboration, scholarly productivity, ability to work with diverse populations, and excellent oral and written communication skills in English. All faculty are engaged in service to the department, college, and university.
The Department of Physical Therapy and Kinesiology is located within the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences, a dynamic, growing college that prepares professionals and scientists in a wide range of health science fields including applied, clinical and translational areas. A large research program and vibrant community partnerships and engagement opportunities enrich and support our educational programs. The candidate will work with internal collaborators in the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences, as well as with faculty in other colleges & research centers at UMass Lowell, with community partners, and with external academic or industry collaborators to strengthen current research and build new interdisciplinary research areas consistent with departmental priorities.
UMass Lowell is situated in the heart of New England on the banks of the Merrimack River, a beautiful and culturally diverse area and birthplace of America’s industrial revolution. Cotton mills in Lowell, the only city to be awarded national park status by the U.S. National Park Service, opened in 1814 and the city has been a hub of invention and innovation ever since. UML continues that legacy of innovation throughout the campus. Its location 25 miles north of Boston offer unsurpassed enrichment of every type including fine arts, dining, historical sites, and of course sports! Just north of Lowell the grandeur of New Hampshire’s White mountains unfolds not far from the storied ski lodges of Vermont. All told, Lowell is a jewel of a city in one of the most attractive regions in the country to live.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- An academic doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, DHSc, ScD) from an accredited university with a research program related to physical therapy, exercise science, or kinesiology
- Candidates must demonstrate a clear research plan leading to a vibrant research program with evidence of funding, or strong potential for future funding, and scholarly dissemination.
- Post-doctoral experience is required
- Strong communication and collaborative abilities
- Teaching and/or clinical experience in physical therapy, exercise science or similar fields
- Eligible for physical therapy licensure in the United States, desirable, but not required
- Established interdisciplinary research collaborations
- The college has a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin on January 1st and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter describing experience in academia and industry
- Teaching philosophy (include a description of previous teaching experience and teaching philosophy and style)
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals (three samples of published work in peer-reviewed journals in the area of funding/funding potential, preferably as first or senior author)
- Research statement (include research goals, objectives, and three-year research plan)
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
- Submit materials here: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/822/lowell/en-us/job/510290/assistant-professor-rehabilitation-exercise-sciences
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.
More search results
Senior Director, Instructional Technology
Professor (Teaching), all ranks, in Brazilian or …
Stanford University, Graduate School of Education
Director, Research Technology
Deep-Sea Oceanographer: Tenure-Track Faculty Posi…
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Oceanography
Lecturer or Professor of the Practice, Computing
University of Maryland Baltimore County