Assistant/Associate Professor of Practice, Human Services
The Department of Applied Science at the College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST)
invites applicants for a faculty position in Human Services with an emphasis in Human Services
Administration, competence in working with military and veteran populations, and demonstrated
involvement in regional and national human services-related professional organizations. The
successful applicant will be required to teach a broad range of human service-related coursework,
develop curriculum, and mentor/advise students in online and hybrid formats.
The Department of Applied Science builds on existing scientific knowledge to develop practical
applications to address real-world problems to ensure students are future-focused and career-ready.
The Bachelor of Applied Science Degree admits diverse, transfer, post-traditional students in an
online format. CAST is actively growing online master's degree programs across all its disciplines.
Therefore, candidates must be committed to outstanding undergraduate and graduate teaching for
our diverse student population.
We are seeking interdisciplinary-focused colleagues eager to collaborate across CAST’s programs
and degrees. This position will contribute to building a strong team of culturally diverse faculty and
staff committed to preparing students to be future-focused and career-ready in a 21st-century
CAST is committed to excellence in research and education in all its programs and equally
committed to bridging the digital divide through accessible education for all students. Therefore,
candidates are requested to include in their letter of interest and teaching philosophy how they will
assist CAST in furthering these goals.
This career-track academic Assistant/Associate Professor of Practice position may begin as early as
January 2022 or as late as August 2022 and will report to the Department Head of Applied Science.
For more information about the position, department, and college go to https://azcast.arizona.edu/sites/default/files/Asst_Assoc_Prof_Human_Services_Profile.pdf
To apply for this position, go to https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/7562?c=arizona
Outstanding UArizona benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans, life insurance and
disability programs; sick leave and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and
qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! Additionally, UArizona supports innovative work-life programs.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- A commitment to excellence in teaching is required. The faculty member will teach Human Services classes in CAST's enhanced online teaching model and engage virtually and in person to mentor and educate students who represent a diverse, post-traditional demographic, including over 50% first-generation college students.
- CAST's project-focused undergraduate teaching model involves undergraduates in internships, research, and other hands-on experiences. Mentorship of students in capstone and internship experiences is expected.
- The faculty member will participate in outreach and contribute to departmental, college, and university service. In these and other ways, the faculty member will help develop innovative approaches to enhancing student engagement, increasing diversity, and expanding collaborations with community and business partners.
- As part of the university's land grant mission, the faculty member is expected to be actively involved in CAST’s commitment to shrinking the digital divide and expanding access to education for underrepresented students, especially in the borderland region of Arizona, CAST values inclusive, interdisciplinary research and education. The faculty member is expected to collaborate effectively with colleagues across disciplinary lines.
- A doctorate from a regionally accredited U.S. university or comparable non-U.S. university is required in one of the following areas: Human Services, Social work, Counseling, or related area.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity issues in higher education and/or through community-based work.
- Strong communication, computer, and organizational skills.
- Doctorate in Human Services Administration.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, student success, and working with broadly diverse communities.
- Experience with academic program review and evaluation, program development, innovative program delivery.
- Experience with grant writing and administration.
- Demonstrated record of scholarly achievement.
- Interest in border issues.
- Experience teaching in online or distance modalities.
- Experience with online learning technologies.
- Experience mentoring and teaching post-traditional students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work in Arizona and travel as needed to the University of Arizona’s Branch Campus in Sierra Vista, located 75 miles southeast of the Tucson Campus. Working from out of state may be considered for exceptional circumstances.
- The initial appointment will be at the level of Assistant Professor of Practice, but an appointment at Associate Professor of Practice level may be considered for exceptionally qualified candidates. To be considered for an appointment above the rank of Assistant Professor of Practice, candidates must have an internationally recognized record of distinguished scientific achievement, leadership, and teaching ability. To be considered for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor of Practice, candidates must demonstrate a clear promise of such achievement.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees are required to submit documentation demonstrating they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation. New hires must submit their COVID-19 vaccine documentation or accommodation request no later than one week after their hire date or by December 8, 2021, whichever occurs later. To learn more about the employee COVID-19 vaccine requirement, submitting vaccine documentation, and/or requesting an accommodation, please visit https://hr.arizona.edu/content/employee-covid-19-vaccine-requirement.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values students, staff, and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
More search results
Senior Associate Vice President for Enrollment Ma…
University of Southern Mississippi
Vice-Principal, Enrolment Management
Upper Canada College
Assistant/Associate Professor - Cyber Leadership …
Dakota State Univeristy
Vice President for Inclusive Excellence
The Ohio State University
Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Eminence
The Ohio State University