Assistant/Associate Professor of Practice, Cyber Operations
The Department of Cyber Operations, Intelligence and Information Operations at the College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST) invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor of Practice position in Cyber Operations with and emphasis in Digital Forensics.
This career-track academic Assistant/Associate Professor of Practice position begins August 2022.
CAST offers the Bachelor of Applied Science Degree to diverse, transfer, post-traditional students in an online format. CAST is also actively growing online master’s degree programs across all its disciplines. Candidates must be committed to outstanding undergraduate and graduate teaching for our diverse student population.
We are seeking interdisciplinary-focused colleagues eager to collaborate across the college’s programs and degrees. This position will contribute to building a strong team of culturally diverse faculty and staff who are committed to preparing students to be future focused and career ready in a 21st-century workforce.
Outstanding UArizona benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information, please click here.
Applications will be reviewed starting December 1, 2021, until the position is filled.
For more information about the position, department, and college go to https://azcast.arizona.edu/sites/default/files/Asst_Assoc_Professor_Cyber_Operations_Profile.pdf
To apply for this position, go to https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/7627?c=arizona
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- A commitment to excellence in teaching is expected. The faculty member will teach classes in applied computing in CAST’s enhanced, online teaching model. The faculty member will engage virtually and in-person to mentor and educate students who represent a diverse, post-traditional demographic, including over 50% first generation college students.
- The College’s project-focused, undergraduate teaching model involves undergraduates in internships, research, and other hands-on experiences. The faculty member will mentor students in capstone experiences.
- The faculty member will participate in outreach and contribute to departmental, college, and university service. In these and other ways, the faculty member will help to develop innovative approaches to enhancing student engagement, increasing diversity, and expanding collaborations with community and business partners.
- As a part of the university’s land grant mission in the borderland region of Arizona, the faculty member is expected to be actively involved in the college’s commitment to shrinking the digital divide and expanding access to education for underrepresented students.
- CAST values inclusive, interdisciplinary research and education. The faculty member is expected to collaborate effectively with colleagues across disciplinary lines.
- Master’s degree in Cyber Operations, Cybersecurity, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
- Specific and demonstrable experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Digital Forensic Investigations
- Network Forensics
- Memory Forensics
- Mobile Forensics
- Cloud Forensics
- Host and File System Forensics
- The initial appointment will be at the level of Assistant Professor, but an appointment at Associate Professor level may be considered for exceptionally qualified candidates. To be considered for an appointment above the rank of Assistant Professor, candidates must have an internationally recognized record of distinguished scientific achievement, leadership, and teaching ability. To be considered for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, candidates must demonstrate a clear promise of such achievement.
- Potential for developing nationally recognized scholarship and a strong publication record.
- Experience teaching in on-line or distance modalities.
- Experience mentoring undergraduate student researchers as a high impact practice in undergraduate education.
- Ability to work in Arizona and travel as needed to the University of Arizona’s Branch Campus in Sierra Vista, located 75 miles southeast of the Tucson Campus. Working from out of state may be considered for exceptional circumstances.
- Ph.D./D.Sc. in Cyber Operations, Cybersecurity, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or Computer Science is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated prior online teaching experience is preferred but not required.
- Offensive Cyber Operations (OCO) experience
- Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) experience
- Incident Response experience
- A Secret or Top-Secret clearance
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees are required to submit documentation demonstrating they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation. New hires must submit their COVID-19 vaccine documentation or accommodation request no later than one week after their hire date or by December 8, 2021, whichever occurs later. To learn more about the employee COVID-19 vaccine requirement, submitting vaccine documentation, and/or requesting an accommodation, please visit https://hr.arizona.edu/content/employee-covid-19-vaccine-requirement.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values students, staff, and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
More search results
Senior Associate Vice President for Enrollment Ma…
University of Southern Mississippi
Vice-Principal, Enrolment Management
Upper Canada College
Assistant/Associate Professor - Cyber Leadership …
Dakota State Univeristy
Vice President for Inclusive Excellence
The Ohio State University
Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Eminence
The Ohio State University