Assistant Professor of International and Intercultural Communication
The Department of Communication at Hope College seeks applicants for a tenure-track position at the level of assistant professor beginning fall 2022. The successful candidate will contribute to teaching and research in the area of international, intercultural, intergroup, and global communication. The area is one of the concentrations for the majors and minors in the department.
The successful candidate is expected to have a scholarly research program that examines international/intercultural communication from political, economic, interpersonal, organizational, and/or mediated perspectives. We are open to a variety of methodological approaches, including quantitative, qualitative, cultural, and rhetorical methods. Scholars who are experienced in collaborating with undergraduate students on research are encouraged to apply.
Teaching load is 3-3 (with a one course release during the first semester), and faculty are expected to perform service for the department, college, discipline, and/or community. The new hire will also need to contribute to required courses in the curriculum, such as 100-level core courses and research methods courses, and be prepared to develop new courses in their area(s) of expertise. The department seeks a strong and collegial teacher-scholar and ambassador for the field of communication who can assist to attract new majors, to promote both graduate education and vocational discernment, and to engage in collaborative research with undergraduates.
Applicants must possess a completed PhD in Communication or a related field (ABD will be considered if degree will be completed by the end of the candidate’s first semester of appointment), and show promise of excellence in teaching in a Christian, undergraduate, liberal arts setting, as well as the capacity to conduct a successful and coherent program of research resulting in a consistent record of publication.
Applications are accepted online at www.hope.edu/employment/faculty. Applicants should upload:
- Cover letter of application addressed to the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Jayson Dibble
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Written articulation of teaching philosophy
- Evidence of teaching excellence (e.g., teaching evaluations)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Statement of support for the Christian mission of Hope College: As it may not be addressed elsewhere in the application, applicants should devote particular attention to the Christian aspect of the mission statement and their personal engagement with faith and/or a faith community.
- In addition, please enter the contact information for three references on the application (including current email addresses). Those references will be contacted by Human Resources only if additional information is needed. It is possible an applicant’s references will not be contacted.
Review of applications will begin immediately upon application submission. For full consideration, the deadline to apply is January 10, 2022. Inquiries regarding this position or Hope College may be directed to Dr. Jayson Dibble at email@example.com.
More search results
Director, Research Technology
Deep-Sea Oceanographer: Tenure-Track Faculty Posi…
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Oceanography
Lecturer or Professor of the Practice, Computing
University of Maryland Baltimore County
Assistant/Associate Professor - Educational Admin…
University of North Carolina Wilmington
Assistant Professor -Sculpture and Extended Media
Virginia Commonwealth University