Qualitative Social Sciences Librarian
USF Libraries, Tampa campus
Full-Time, Non-Tenure Track
Salary and Rank: Commensurate with experience, starting at $55,000 annually
The USF Libraries
The USF Libraries—with locations in Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota--is transforming libraries and the way they interact with patrons by reinventing our service to research faculty and students, becoming a model for other libraries. Our daily work brings us into contact with globally recognized faculty and researchers, and many of our collections are online and available worldwide. Being a part of the USF Libraries means being a part of a vibrant, creative and forward-thinking organization.
The USF Libraries celebrates diversity and inclusive excellence in alignment with our Principles of Community. We believe our future success as an institution requires that we attract and retain a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. All job decisions at USF are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.”
The University of South Florida
The University of South Florida (USF) is a high-impact, global research university dedicated to student success serving Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee campuses. USF is situated in the vibrant and diverse Tampa Bay region, with campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee. Together, our campuses serve more than 50,000 students pursuing undergraduate, graduate, specialist and professional degrees. For more information about the Tampa area, visit our Library HR page" https://lib.usf.edu/human-resources/all-about-tampa/
The University of South Florida Libraries, Tampa campus seeks a Qualitative Social Sciences Librarian to serve the areas of Anthropology, Global Studies, Public Affairs, and Women & Gender Studies for the Research & Instruction department on the Tampa campus. The incumbent will demonstrate understanding of the research processes, tools, and methodologies associated with a range of social sciences in order to provide advanced research assistance and increase faculty research impact and visibility. The Qualitative Social Sciences Librarian will participate in the library’s information literacy instruction initiatives and support high impact practices in associated courses and university initiatives. The selected candidate will be a creative and forward-thinking colleague with strong interpersonal skills to expand partnerships across library departments and with colleagues across campuses.
The Qualitative Social Sciences Librarian supports the USF Libraries mission to "inspire research, creativity, and learning by connecting the USF community to relevant and high-quality information." The University Libraries values diversity of thought, perspective, experience, and people and is actively committed to a culture of inclusion and respect. This position reports to the Director for Research & Instruction at the USF Tampa Campus Library and is a member of the Library Faculty.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively engage with faculty, researchers, and students to understand their research and instruction needs, build collaborations, and promote library services
- Support faculty and student access and use of reference management systems
- Collaborate with USF Libraries Research & Instruction colleagues located on the three USF campuses on various departmental initiatives such as assessment, outreach, and instruction
- Commit to fostering an equitable and inclusive workplace, and work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population
- Develop a focused program of high-quality research and creative accomplishments consistent with the USF Libraries’ strategic goals
- Actively participate and demonstrate leadership in professional responsibilities that serve the USF Libraries, University, profession, and community
To be successful in this position, candidates will need:
- Instruction and presentation skills
- Interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Commitment to excellent public services and improving the library user experience.
- Familiarity with reference management systems such as Mendeley, EndNote, Zotero, etc.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Initiative, flexibility, and ability to work creatively
- An ALA accredited Master's Degree in Library and Information Science.
- Experience with information literacy instruction.
- Undergraduate degree in Anthropology, Global Studies, Public Affairs, Women & Gender Studies or a related field.
- Demonstrated capacity for scholarly publications and presentations.
- Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Associate Librarian.
- Experience providing advanced social science research support or advanced study in Anthropology, Global Studies, Public Affairs, Women & Gender Studies or a related field.
- Experience with one or more qualitative analysis tools (such as NVIVO, Dedoose, Tagette, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build partnerships across the library and university.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 29284
Posting Date: 11/09/2021
Posting End Date: 01/28/2022
How To Apply
Apply online at Careers@usf.edu and searching for Job #29284, completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
The University of South Florida does not discriminate on the basis of sex and prohibits sexual harassment. Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the contact information listed for the Title IX Coordinator. Reports may be made at any time either online or directly to the University's Title IX Coordinator.
Campus map and location overview: USF - Tampa Campus
The University of South Florida is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News and World Report's national university rankings than USF. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, USF is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state's 12 public universities. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees at USF, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
More search results
Chief Financial Officer
Illinois Institute of Technology
DEAN – DARDEN COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AND PROFESSION…
Old Dominion University
Assistant Professor in Medical Physics
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Probationary (Tenure-Track) Faculty Position in P…
Western University, Department of Physics & Astronomy
Assistant/Associate Professor of Practice, Human …
University of Arizona College of Applied Science and Technology