Business Librarian, USF Libraries, Sarasota-Manatee Campus
Business Librarian, USF Libraries, Sarasota-Manatee Campus
Full-time, Non-Tenure Track
Salary and rank: Commensurate with experience, starting at $55,000 annually
The University of South Florida Libraries, Sarasota-Manatee campus seeks a Business Librarian to serve the USF Muma College of Business in the Research & Instruction department. Two unique schools are housed on the Sarasota-Manatee campus: the School of Hospitality & Tourism Management and the School of Risk Management and Insurance.
The incumbent will have experience providing high-level business research assistance and helping faculty increase their research impact and visibility. The Business Librarian will participate in the library’s information literacy instruction initiatives and support high impact practices in associated courses and university initiatives. The selected candidate will be a creative and forward-thinking colleague with strong interpersonal skills to expand partnerships across library departments and with colleagues across USF campuses.
The Business Librarian supports the USF Libraries mission to "inspire research, creativity, and learning by connecting the USF community to relevant and high-quality information." The University Libraries values diversity of thought, perspective, experience, and people and is actively committed to a culture of inclusion and respect. This candidate will be joining the USF Sarasota-Manatee campus Library Services unit, locally consisting of one other faculty librarian, a staff library specialist, and student employees. They will collaborate regularly with library colleagues from the St. Petersburg and Tampa campuses. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Research & Instruction at USF Libraries and is a member of the Library Faculty.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively engage with faculty and students in the Muma College of Business at the USF Sarasota-Manatee campus, researchers, and students to understand their research and instruction needs, build collaboration, and promote library services
- Collaboratively work to advance faculty research impact and visibility
- Promote the development, integration, and use of USF Sarasota-Manatee content into the USF DigitalCommons such as faculty researcher profiles and open access digital collections
- Collaborate with USF Libraries Research & Instruction colleagues located on the three USF campuses on various departmental initiatives such as assessment, outreach, and library instruction
- Commit to fostering an equitable and inclusive workplace, and an ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population
- Develop a focused program of high-quality research and creative accomplishments required for promotion
- Actively participate and demonstrate leadership in professional responsibilities that serve the USF Libraries, University, profession, and community
To be successful in this position, candidates will need:
- Excellent instruction, presentation, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of business, economics, and hospitality data and information sources
- Commitment to excellent public services and improving the library user experience.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Initiative, flexibility, and ability to work creatively
- An ALA accredited Master's Degree in Library and Information Science
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, or a related field
- Experience with information literacy instruction
- Demonstrated capacity for scholarly publications and presentations
- Experience providing advanced business research support or advanced study in business, economics or a related field
- Knowledge of strategies to increase faculty research impact and visibility
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong rapport with multiple constituencies in order to effectively collaborate and build partnerships across the library and university
The USF Libraries
The USF Libraries—with locations in Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota--is transforming libraries and the way they interact with patrons by reinventing our service to research faculty and students, becoming a model for other libraries. Our daily work brings us into contact with globally recognized faculty and researchers, and many of our collections are online and available worldwide. Being a part of the USF Libraries means being a part of a vibrant, creative and forward-thinking organization.
The USF Libraries celebrates diversity and inclusive excellence in alignment with the University's Principles of Community. We believe our future success as an institution requires that we attract and retain a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. All job decisions at USF are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
About the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee Campus:
The University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee campus provides high-quality instruction and scholarly activity in a personalized learning community that prepares successful leaders and responsible citizens. The campus serves more than 2,000 students annually and is community-engaged and committed to the values of diversity and inclusion. The faculty believe a personalized approach to learning makes all the difference, and the focus is on students every step of the way: their discoveries, their growth, their dreams.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 29161
Posting Date: 11/9/2021
Posting End Date: 01/28/2022
How To Apply
Apply online at Careers@usf.edu and searching for Job #29161, completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
The University of South Florida does not discriminate on the basis of sex and prohibits sexual harassment. Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the contact information listed for the Title IX Coordinator. Reports may be made at any time either online or directly to the University's Title IX Coordinator.
Campus map and location overview: USF - Sarasota Campus
The University of South Florida is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News and World Report's national university rankings than USF. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, USF is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state's 12 public universities. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees at USF, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here.
More search results
Assistant Professor of International and Intercul…
Stephen H. Hoffman Professorship in Modern Hebrew…
Case Western Reserve University
Assistant Professor of Allied Health
The University of Tampa
Computer Science Professor, Tenured / Tenure Trac…
NYU Abu Dhabi
Chair, Department of Computer Science
Stevens Institute of Technology