Assistant Professor - Marketing/Management
- Brooklyn College
- Brooklyn, NY
Job Title: Assistant Professor - Marketing/Management
Job ID: 22822
Location: Brooklyn College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Brooklyn College of the City University of New York (CUNY) invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Marketing/Management in the Department of Business Management within the Murray Koppelman School of Business with a starting date in August 2022.
The Murray Koppelman School of Business offers both undergraduate and graduate degree programs through its four departments – Accounting, Business Management, Economics, and Finance. The Department of Business Management is home to 25 full-time faculty as well as industry experts and staff who are committed to equip students with the knowledge and skills in business management necessary to (1) succeed in professional careers in management, marketing, human resource management, operations management, business analytics, and international business, (2) start and develop companies or non-for-profit organizations, and (3) be prepared for further education.
Brooklyn College serves students from as many as 150 countries who speak over 100 languages and dialects and thus constitutes a vibrant microcosm of the rich diversity and energy that characterizes the borough of Brooklyn and the greater New York City area itself. Its mission features “a special commitment to educate immigrant and first-generation college students from the diverse communities that make up our city and state.” The college ethos is strongly invested in the educational and career success of a population that encompasses a multiplicity of nationalities, ethnicities, religions, cultures and languages. We are committed to fostering a spirit of camaraderie and shared ideals across the entire spectrum of our varied constituency. By accessing a first-class and affordable college education in an inclusive and nurturing intellectual milieu, our students acquire the skills, confidence, and global mindedness that allow them to thrive in a rapidly changing, unpredictable marketplace of ideas that is increasingly mindless of borders and spans the gamut of cultures and vernaculars.
To this end, the college seeks faculty who are eager to engage with the diversity of our student body and have a demonstrated commitment to inclusion and heterogeneity through teaching, research and/or service. We seek to recruit and retain faculty who reflect the mosaic of our student population.
Successful candidate will bring their unique creativity, sensitivity, insights and perspectives to a community that welcomes innovation in scholarship and teaching. Together we will model the finest that a public urban liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies college can be for the present and future.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Develop and maintain a research agenda in Marketing/Management and related topics.
- Student advisement and research mentoring.
- Share responsibility for committee and department assignments, performing administrative, supervisory, and other functions.
- Ph.D. in Marketing (candidates with interest and background in Marketing Analytics preferred) awarded by an AACSB-accredited school of business by December 31, 2020.
- Demonstrated potential for effective teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Demonstrated potential for scholarly research and peer-reviewed publications
Salary commensurate with experience and credentials. All appointments are subject to financial availability.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
STEP ONE – Click "Apply Now"
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now'', create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, please visit https://cuny.jobs/brooklyn-college/new-jobs/
Applicants should upload the following in .doc, .pdf, or .rtf format:
- An application letter indicating the desired position, and should detail how their teaching, service and/or scholarship has supported the success of students from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in their academic fields; applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should note how their work will further CUNY’s commitment to diversity.
- Current and detailed curriculum vitae
- A one-page document describing the candidate’s three-year research agenda
- Copies of publications and/or working papers
STEP TWO - Go to https://websql.brooklyn.cuny.edu/hrref/
All applicants are required to have three confidential letters of recommendation submitted electronically by their recommenders by visiting the link above and entering the contact information for three (3) recommenders.
The online system will automatically email your recommenders a request to submit a letter via the system. Full instructions will be provided.
Emailed or hard copy applications will not be considered.
Review of applications to begin immediately and will continue until January 4, 2022.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.