The Technology Analyst is a remote position that serves under direction of the Associate Director of Financial Aid performing technical functions of the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships and assisting in the configuration, testing, and scheduling of processes that contribute to the successful operations of the Financial Aid Office. Pursue operational objectives pertaining to financial aid application management and review, while working closely with team managers, by assisting in the annual federal, state, and institutional packaging (awarding) process of all undergraduate, graduate, and medical students by scheduling and monitoring processes. Assist the office in processing state grants, Federal Direct Loan Program, private loans, and reporting to external agencies. Help perform the configuring, testing, and awarding for Ohio University’s flagship scholarship programs (Signature and Excellence) and Ohio College Opportunity Grants (OCOG). This includes initial awarding for incoming freshmen and renewal awarding of the three continuing cohort years.
- Oversees the configuration testing and job scheduling required to successfully support the financial aid office in meeting their goals.
- Maintain a processing calendar as well as detailed documentation in support of the processes that need to be performed to ensure the timely and accurate production of needed information.
- Test and validate proposed system updates or changes (PUM or PeopleTools) as they pertain to the financial aid.
- Ensuring the security and integrity of the data that he/she works with.
- Manages and maintains relationships with the office of Ohio Information Technology (OIT) for development, reporting and application support for business processes used by the financial aid office in support of our mission to support our students.
- Works within various federal and state department of education systems (SAIG, NSLDS, COD) to ensure transmission of batch files for loan and grant processing.
Management of Financial Aid Data Processing and Review :
- Performing the annual federal, state, and institutional packaging (awarding) process of all undergraduate, graduate, and medical students by scheduling and monitoring processes.
- Processing state grants, Federal Direct Loan Program, private loans, and reporting to external agencies.
- Conducting athletic aid awarding, including compliance with NCAA regulations.
- Configuring, testing, and awarding for Ohio University’s flagship scholarship programs (Signature and Excellence Award Programs). This includes initial awarding for incoming freshmen and renewal awarding of the three continuing cohort years.
- Configures, tests, and transmits awards and data for the Ohio College Opportunity Grant program with the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
Management, supervision, and training:
- Serves as a member of the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships management team. Plans, directs, and oversees financial aid processing queues.
- Serves as liaison, coordinating with the Senior Associate Director, Associate Director, and the Office of Information Technology (OIT).
- Coordinates with leadership to ensure that strategic goals are met and that the processing of over 30,000 financial aid applications and Scholarship applications per year is completed efficiently and effectively while leveraging new and existing technology that supports recruitment/admission and yield goals.
- Oversee the documentation pertaining to systems and associated policies and procedures for financial aid application processing and review, and train impacted university personnel. Serve as a point of contact and subject matter expert for university financial aid day to day inquiries regarding review workflows and use of the student information system.
Bachelor’s degree required by start date (Degree in business, computer science, management information systems or equivalent, preferred)
A minimum of three years of related work experience.
Advanced and continued knowledge of technology.
Working knowledge of SQL and HTML.
Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Strong project management skills.
Master’s degree preferred.
Experience with PeopleSoft , PS Query, PS SQL, scripting, job creation and scheduling
Ohio University is proud of its rich history, diverse campuses, international communities, and beautiful Appalachian settings. As part of our ongoing efforts to provide and support a transformative learning experience, we affirm our commitment to fostering a welcoming, respectful, diverse, and inclusive workforce and community. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, ethnicity, national origin, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
More search results
Computer Science Professor, Tenured / Tenure Trac…
NYU Abu Dhabi
Chair, Department of Computer Science
Stevens Institute of Technology
Vice President for Finance and Administration/Tre…
Copy of Vice Chancellor for Administration and Fi…
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Dean of the School of Business
George Mason University