College of Science and Mathematics
Wright State University
Wright State University invites nominations and applications for the position of Dean. In keeping with the mission of an innovative regional public university and one known for transforming the lives of the students served, the Dean of the College of Science and Mathematics will provide dynamic leadership in the quest for excellence in teaching, research, professional service, and community engagement within the mission of a comprehensive research university. Develop metrics-based college level academic goals, strategies, and educational activities for implementation, including program planning, policy analysis, creating a culture of student success, inclusive excellence, and faculty development. Work collaboratively with Enrollment Management to develop and implement a recruitment plan to meet enrollment goals in graduate and undergraduate programs within the college. Engage collaboratively with faculty and the division of student success to design and implement retention initiatives to achieve target student degree completion rates. Work with department chairs and faculty to develop effective interdisciplinary programmatic collaborations across campus that will leverage academic resources to the benefit of the university and the State of Ohio. These include but are not limited to supporting the university’s commitment to the growth of online education and continuing education. Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to external accreditation through assessment and program review ensuring academic quality and productivity.
Inspired by the Wright brothers but designed for the world, the groundwork for Wright State University was laid over 50 years ago when Dayton’s emergence as a technology center created a critical need for an increasingly educated work force and research enterprise. When Wright State achieved its status as an accredited independent university in 1967, 3,203 students were enrolled. Wright State University now serves over 12,000 unique students annually and offers more than 315 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and professional degree programs through five colleges and two schools. Located in the city of Fairborn in Greene County, Ohio, Wright State is conveniently situated adjacent to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) and is less than 10 miles from downtown Dayton. In addition, Wright State University– Lake Campus is a university-operated regional campus on the shores of Grand Lake St. Marys in Celina, Ohio. The Wright State alumni community is more than 114,000 strong.
- Terminal degree
- A record of excellence in teaching and scholarly research that meets the tenure qualifications for a department of the college
- Administrative experience, including evidence of strong personnel and budget management skills
- Evidence of support and experience with curriculum issues, including general education, science and mathematics education, globalization, and programs that are disciplinary, interdisciplinary and applied
- A commitment to the generation of funded research; demonstrated ability to garner resources-grants and gifts from public and private entities and individuals
- Strong commitment to professional ethics, a commitment to involvement with the regional community
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the abilities to listen, to persuade, and to show appreciation for the efforts of others
- Personal characteristics that include openness, energy, intellect, dignity, integrity, optimism, and vision
- A commitment to increasing the diversity of faculty, staff and students in the College.
Please submit applications at https://jobs.wright.edu/postings/16510 by December 17, 2021 for first consideration. Applications should include a letter of interest addressing the responsibilities and qualifications listed above, resume, and the names and contact information of at least 3 professional references. For additional information regarding Wright State University, please visit http://www.wright.edu. For statements of Mission, Vision, and Values of the university, visit https://www.wright.edu/about/mission-vision-and-values . Wright State University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is committed to an inclusive environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
More search results
Dean of the Honors College
Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Copy of DEAN - SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
College of Charleston
Dean of the College of Engineering
Wayne State University
Dean of the University of Maryland Francis King C…
University of Maryland, Baltimore
Dean of the Herff College of Engineering
University of Memphis