Los Rios Community College District
Director (I) of Application Services
Job Posting Number: AE00526P
Salary: $161,567 annually. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.
Closing Date: 12/06/2021
Complete job description and application available online at: http://22.214.171.124/counter.php?id=213322
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor of Information Technology (AVCIT), the Director of Application Services plans, directs, and manages programs, projects, and operational activities in support of delivering innovative application services to students, employees, and stakeholders. The Director of Application Services will lead transformational activities to provide a modern and intuitive user experience and will implement initiatives to optimize application architecture, systems, processes, and support models. The Director of Application Services will constantly assess existing and emerging technologies and identify those that can contribute most effectively to the business objectives and goals at the District and college level.
The Director of Application Services is responsible for the 24/7/365 operation and maintenance of the Enterprise applications including Peoplesoft ERP system in the areas of Student Information, Financial Aid, Financials, HR, custom applications, state interfaces, and reporting. The Director of Application Services is also responsible for all leadership, management, and administrative functions for the Enterprise Applications team including Strategic planning, portfolio management, budgeting, accounting, procurement, contract/vendor management, talent management, and performance management. The Director of Application Services will be responsible for continuously maturing the Enterprise Applications processes, technologies, and teams to align with industry best practices and standards. The Director of Application Services, through subordinate supervisors, leads a team of information technology (IT) application programmers, IT application analysts and IT Consultants in identifying, delivering, integrating, configuring, maintaining, training and supporting the District’s enterprise applications. The Director of Application Services identifies, assigns, and prioritizes work assignments for staff; develops personal growth opportunities and recruits. The Director of Application Services represents the Department of Information Technology (DOIT) in various collaborative campus venues, leveraging them for feedback and guidance. The Director of Application Services must have a willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends when necessary.
• Ensuring that enterprise applications effectively meet the diverse needs of Los Rios students, employees, and stakeholders.
• Bridging communications between the business and IT teams and fostering great business relationships by partnering with key stakeholders and cross functional leadership teams.
• Leveraging User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) principles to continuously assess and improve customer satisfaction with enterprise applications.
• Overseeing responsibility for outcomes of engineering, planning, execution and delivery on complex projects.
• Providing timely communication to Business stakeholders in areas such as relevant events and escalations.
• Providing leadership to activities to increase system uptime, stability, accessibility, security, and performance.
• Representing DOIT in participatory governance and district leadership activities and communications.
• Ensuring the availability of key resources to ensure that application users are fully equipped to effectively adopt and utilize enterprise applications.
• Providing analysis of budgetary requirements for current and future years for the managed area.
• Serving as a resource to the Associate Vice Chancellor and other directors of the Information Technology Department, college IT deans, and managers of the business units.
• Providing oversight and leadership to the acquisition, configuration, integration, and maintenance of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Commercial off the Shelf (COTS), and custom applications.
• Facilitating the adoption of modern development methods and tools including the adoption of agile software development.
• Providing oversight and leadership to IT Service Management processes and practices.
• Advancing architecture, process and tools through innovation, cutting edge technology and research.
• Overseeing deliverables including, but not limited to: Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) process, release schedule, product roadmap, prioritized backlog, user stories, product documentation, estimation, release budgeting and forecasting, and status reports.
• Driving continuous improvement and automates tools, processes and technology to allow for greater throughput, quality, capabilities, skills and delivery.
• Supporting and troubleshooting production issues and leads incident response and management activities.
• Developing and implementing operational and project specific budgets, operating policies, procedures, and standards.
• Negotiating and managing contracts related to the acquisition of services, software, and equipment.
• Establishing appropriate information security controls within the IT department and collaborating with others to establish software application related information security controls for application software, databases, and system software districtwide.
• Ensuring business continuity and continuity of service delivery through regular successful continuity tests, system architectural review and approval and disaster recovery plans.
Portfolio & Project Management
• Managing the portfolio of projects including providing facilitation and leadership to project planning and implementation activities.
• Providing leadership and oversight to multiple concurrent projects of varying size and criticality.
• Leading and providing oversight to the definition of technology roadmaps, products and improvements aligned with appropriate product and business roadmaps.
• Participating in Los Rios IT Strategic Planning activities and plans and implementing activities to achieve strategic goals.
• Contributing to and participating in DOIT portfolio and project management activities.
• Providing regular status reports to district governance groups, and leadership to collaborative efforts to develop options and establish priorities for various software related projects.
• Working with business users to establish appropriate levels of participation in the development of specifications, review of proposed solutions, testing of software modifications, implementing and testing new releases and end user training.
• Building and leading a highly talented, top-performing, efficient, autonomous team.
• Hiring talent and providing professional growth of direct reports, progressive discipline, vendor management, building new teams.
• Contributing to the cohesiveness of the DOIT and distributed IT community.
• Implementing strategies to create a workforce and work environment that demonstrates our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Measuring organizational progress and health through metrics and results.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Tools used (at time of this posting) in the deployment and support of district applications, database, operating system and middleware software programs include: PeopleSoft (Financials, Human Resources, and Student Administration), CCC Apply & CCC Assist Systems, Oracle DBMS, SQL/Server DBMS, COGNOS, SAP Crystal, Cascade CMS, Red Hat Linux OS, Windows Server OS, Tuxedo, WebLogic, and other associated products and tools.
• Application Lifecycle Management.
• SDLC, and Support.
• Traditional & Agile PM Methodologies.
• Project Planning, Estimating, Scheduling, Tracking, Budgeting, and Reporting.
• Risk & Issue Planning (Identification, Mitigation, Resolution).
• Strong Diagnostic & Analytical Capabilities.
• Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills with all levels of management.
• Ability to prepare formal management presentations, along with organizing and conducting effective meetings.
• Web, Mobile, App development experience.
1. Have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or related field from an accredited institution completed by August 1, 2021; OR, a bachelor’s degree with two additional years of qualifying information technology leadership experience.
2. Have five (5) years of Information Technology leadership experience including at least three (3) years of administrative experience in a large educational, governmental, commercial or industrial organization, which includes responsibilities in planning, operational and project management, supervision and budget administration of information technology fields.
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
More search results
Copy of Open-Rank Tenure Track/Tenured Positions …
Florida International University
Assistant Professor, Criminology & Criminal Justi…
Florida Atlantic University
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Electrical …
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Account Manager -525444
Florida International University
Instructor or Lecturer, Florida Interactive Enter…
University of Central Florida (UCF)