Department Head - Applied Technology
The University of Arizona’s (UArizona) College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST) is seeking applicants for a Department Head with excellent leadership skills, enthusiasm for world class research, innovative teaching, and industry and government collaborations. The future Applied Technology Department Head must be an innovative and visionary academic leader who can spearhead the growth and transformation of the Applied Technology Department for the challenges of the 21st century and 4th Industrial Revolution. The Department Head is responsible for leading a dynamic department with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students. This position will work in Sierra Vista, Arizona at the only Branch Campus of UArizona. This position will travel throughout the state.
For more information about the position, department, college, and community go to:
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaboratively lead the Applied Technology Department. Develop and regularly review the department plans that support the CAST Strategic Plan, Mission, and Vision; and the UArizona Strategic Plan.
- Ensure stakeholders are informed on progress and changes.
- Make equity-informed decisions on faculty recruitment, diversity, development, performance, retention, and promotion.
- Lead the department in achieving student and faculty recruitment goals.
- Keep the department focused on developing students that are equipped to be future focused and career ready in a 4th industrial revolution world.
- Demonstrate effective managerial leadership, clear communication, and a commitment to shared governance, community engagement, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards and operate in a transparent and collegial way.
- Be responsive in a timely manner to the needs of faculty, staff, and students in the department.
- Coordinate and foster faculty development and growth and conduct effective annual reviews of department staff and faculty with input from CAST Personnel Committee and college administration.
- Review and coordinate faculty course releases, sabbaticals, or leave of absence requests with the Associate Dean.
- Assure implementation of UArizona and CAST policies pertaining to faculty governance and evaluation.
- Manage departmental compliance of University and College policies and procedures as well as ensure Higher Learning Commission and other accreditation guidance are met.
- Working with the Associate Dean for Applied Research and Development, identify and promote undergraduate and graduate research opportunities and actively facilitate and participate in interdisciplinary research.
- Working with the Associate Dean for Applied Research and Development, maintain existing and create new relationships with alumni.
- Foster a sense of community and maintain an inclusive, positive workplace environment. Inspire and recruit a diverse group of exceptional students, faculty, and staff.
- Act entrepreneurially to manage and enhance the department’s financial condition through increasing enrollments and initiating new programs that capitalize on other revenue streams.
- Implement new initiatives and oversee current commitments with respect to bachelor’s degrees, international micro campus programs, online programs, and accelerated master’s degree options.
- Build on existing ties and build new relationships with government and industry with respect to funded research such as laboratory testing and participation on research teams.
- Oversee the department’s operations including budgets, resources, and fiscal management.
- Ph.D./D.Sc. in Computer Science, Information Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, or closely related field
- Demonstrated leadership skills with multidisciplinary teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
To apply for the position, go to: https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home?c=arizona&sq=college%20of%20applied%20sci%20%26%20tech
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff, and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
More search results
Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor - Applied …
Northern Arizona University
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Southern Utah University
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
University of California, Los Angeles
Department of Family Medicine, Chair
University of California San Diego Health
Assistant Professor of Film Production
School of Film & Photography, Montana State University