- Arlington, Virginia
Academic Programs Coordinator
The George Mason University Schar School of Policy and Government invites applications for the Academic Programs Coordinator position.
The Schar School is located on the Arlington and Fairfax campuses of George Mason University and serves 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students, with approximately 16,000 alumni. This position is located on the Arlington campus. The Schar School prepares undergraduate and graduate students to be leaders and managers who solve problems and advance the public good in all sectors and levels of government—in the United States and throughout the world.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Working collaboratively with the Senior Assistant Dean of Student and Academic Affairs, Program Directors, and Schar Student Services, and reporting to the Associate Dean of Student and Academic Affairs, the Academic Programs Coordinator executes fundamental academic administrative duties for the School. Responsibilities include:
- Serving as the scheduling coordinator for the School, scheduling all undergraduate and graduate courses, in close collaboration with the Dean’s Office and faculty;
- Processing adjunct faculty hires including employment paperwork and contracts;
- Providing course support including tracking teaching history and course offerings, reviewing and posting course syllabi, tracking course evaluations, and scheduling room requests for special course meetings;
- Serving as the School’s catalog editor inputting course changes, program modifications, and updates to general School information;
- Compiling course evaluation reports for the Dean’s office; and
- Other academic administrative assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated computer knowledge and skills including web tools, database software, Word, and Excel;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated extreme attention to detail and ability to produce accurate work product;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to prioritize work;
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diplomacy and tact; and
- Excellent work ethic.
- Professional experience in an academic unit in a higher education setting; and
- Experience with Ellucian Banner, MicroStrategy, Course Inventory Management, and CourseLeaf software programs.
For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/52283; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information. Job applications will be accepted and reviewed immediately, with hiring to be completed as soon as possible. For full consideration, apply by December 5, 2021.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
More search results
Computer Science Professor, Tenured / Tenure Trac…
NYU Abu Dhabi
Chair, Department of Computer Science
Stevens Institute of Technology
Vice President for Finance and Administration/Tre…
Copy of Vice Chancellor for Administration and Fi…
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Dean of the School of Business
George Mason University