Provost and Executive Vice President
Central Michigan University (CMU) invites nominations and applications for the position of Provost and Executive Vice President (Provost). The successful candidate will be the No. 2 officer of the university and a close partner of President Robert Davies, who began his tenure in September 2018. CMU is seeking a highly collegial individual to lead and promote the university’s academic mission by championing excellence and innovation in teaching and learning, research and scholarship, and service to the nation. This position serves as the chief academic officer of the university and works closely with the vice presidents, deans, and other senior leaders of the university. The successful candidate will have strong academic credentials and significant leadership experience in university administration. The Provost must be a highly communicative person of integrity and vision who will lead the institution to even greater prominence with innovative thoughts and ideas.
Centrally located in Michigan’s Lower Peninsula, Mount Pleasant is a city of over 25,000 permanent residents and is the county seat of Isabella County (population 70,000). This region has a population of 400,000+ and includes nearby Bay, Midland, and Saginaw Counties. The area is easily accessible via U.S. Highway 20 and Interstate 127 and is served by five major airports within a two-hour radius.
- Earned doctorate from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Demonstrated track record of distinguished research/scholarship activities and teaching.
- Demonstrated track record of peer mentorship experience in research, teaching, and administration.
- Tenurable as a professor at Central Michigan University.
- Academic and administrative experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated commitment and an abiding respect for shared governance.
- Evidence of creating an excellent student experience through utilization of student-centered approaches.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Effective collaborator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration with stakeholders across the university.
- Demonstrated sustained, inclusive, and decisive leadership experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex academic organization and engage as a cooperative and supportive partner with colleagues across divisions.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Administrative experience working collaboratively with collective bargaining units.
- A visionary leader with experience in academic administration who can build consensus and lead and implement strategic planning.
- Executive level budgeting experience, including financial planning and strategic allocation of existing resources.
- Demonstrated success in supporting scholarship, research, and grant writing to secure external funding.
- Demonstrated understanding of a broad range of academic scholarship.
- Demonstrated understanding of student recruitment, retention, and student services administration.
- Demonstrated experience at higher academic institutions with healthcare programs including a college of medicine.
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategy and recommendations for effective online, remote and distance learning and educational pedagogies, course modalities and technologies to support teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated quality teaching with both undergraduate and graduate students.
- A successful leader who can effectively navigate external and internal environments with the context of politics, public relations, and academia.
- Highly motivated team player who functions effectively in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC is assisting Central Michigan University in this search. Applications and nominations are now being accepted. Confidential inquiries, nominations, and application materials should be directed to Greenwood/Asher & Associates. For a full application package, please provide a cover letter, CV, and list of five references. Submission of application materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. The search will be conducted with a commitment of confidentiality for candidates until finalists are selected. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.
Please direct inquiries, nominations, and application materials to:
Betty Turner Asher
Founder, Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC
Vice President & Managing Partner, Kelly
Senior Executive Search Consultant
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC
To view the position profile, please visit: https://greenwoodsearch.com/current-opportunities/.
For more information about Central Michigan University, please visit: https://www.cmich.edu/.
CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sex-based stereotypes, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or weight (see http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie).
More search results
Copy of Open-Rank Tenure Track/Tenured Positions …
Florida International University
Assistant Professor, Criminology & Criminal Justi…
Florida Atlantic University
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Electrical …
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Account Manager -525444
Florida International University
Instructor or Lecturer, Florida Interactive Enter…
University of Central Florida (UCF)