- University of Pennsylvania
UACS Afterschool Instructor
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
Posted Job Title
UACS Afterschool Instructor
Job Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-Exempt
Job Description Summary
UACS After School Instructors will work as part of a Netter Center UACS team to lead after school programming at our UACS schools.
Founded in 1992, the Barbara and Edward Netter Center for Community Partnerships is the University's primary vehicle for advancing civic and community engagement at Penn. It brings together the resources and assets of both the University and the wider community to help solve universal problems such as poverty, health inequities, environmental sustainability, and inadequate, unequal education as they are manifested in the University's local geographic area of West Philadelphia and Philadelphia at large. The Netter Center develops and helps implement democratic, mutually transformative, place-based partnerships between Penn and West Philadelphia that advance research, teaching, learning, practice, and service and improve the quality of life on campus and in the community. The Netter Center works with and serves as a model for other higher education institutions across the United States and around the world.
The Netter Center's university-assisted community schools (UACS) is a strategy to educate, engage, empower, and serve all members of the community in which the school is located and engage students (K-16+) in real world, community problem solving. UACS collaborates with partners to advance teaching, research, learning and service, as well as the civic development of their students.
The specific responsibilities of UACS After School Instructors include:
- Managing students & participants in the Netter UACS Enrichment Program
- Providing tutoring, program planning and implementation
- Regularly reporting tasks completion and program updates to Site Director or supervisor
- Coordinating program promotion and outreach to surrounding community and to program families
- General set up of program space
- Ensuring students & participants are engaged and having fun
- Attending professional development trainings
- Implementation of proper Netter UACS Policies and Procedures
- Ensuring the safety and awareness of students, including following COVID-19 safety protocols
- Capturing attendance of students
- Demonstrating positive youth and community development principles at all times
- All staff must be fully vaccinated by October 15th unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption
- Staff must have or be able to obtain the following clearances to work with children before starting work: PA Child Abuse Certification, FBI Fingerprinting Report, PA Criminal Record Check, Mandated Reporter Training Certificate, National Sex Offender Registry Verification. The Netter Center will pay for these clearances and assist staff in obtaining if needed.
Qualifications: High school degree required, plus at least 1-3 years of experience working with school-age children. Experience in K-8 urban educational settings is required. After school experience preferred. Strong candidates will have experience in facilitating successful youth development programs. Must possess a track record of successful collaboration and communication, and be organized, dependable, flexible and seeking to grow and improve.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Arts and Sciences
$7.25 - $230.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Netter-Center-for-Community-Partnership/UACS-Afterschool-Instructor_JR00039587
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Two Assistant Professor Positions – Tenure Track,…
University of Washington, Department of Epidemiology
Lecturer of Information Systems
Inaugural Dean of the School of Humanities and So…
University of Missouri-Kansas City
Visiting Assistant Professor of Clinical Educatio…
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Dean, College of Education and Human Development
George Mason University