Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Augusta University seeks an innovative professional to lead the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to achieve recruitment and enrollment goals that strengthen the academic profile of the University as outlined in the University's strategic plan.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is part of the Division of Enrollment and Student Affairs and includes recruitment and admission/processing of all undergraduate students (including first-year students, transfers, and international students). The Director of Undergraduate Admissions will report to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and will manage an office that includes 23 full-time staff members. The successful candidate will provide evidence of collaborative leadership, exceptional communication skills, technological expertise, and a commitment to placing students and education at the forefront, as well as possess vision, recruitment and marketing ability, and significant strategic and analytical capacity.
The Division of Enrollment and Student Affairs includes Enrollment Management (admissions, student financial aid, new student and family transitions, and military and veterans services); Student Engagement (campus recreation, housing and residence life, student life and engagement, multicultural student engagement, Maxwell Performing Arts Theatre, and two student centers); Student Well-Being and Advocacy (office of the dean of students, CARE team, student counseling and psychological services, student health services, student wellness programs, and testing and disability services).
Augusta, Georgia is the second-largest metro area in Georgia and is located on the southern bank of the Savannah River midway between the Great Smokey Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. It is a growing and thriving city with a metropolitan area and recently ranked second in Georgia for Best Places to Live. Money Magazine recently named nearby Evans, GA as the “Best Place to Live in America Right Now”.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Office of Admissions, both in its strategic direction and its complex daily operations using exceptional leadership and supervisory skills. This includes admissions and office policy development and implementation; management of financial resources; professional development; and, staff supervision to further develop and support a strong admissions staff that is recruitment-centric, optimistic, empowered, responsive, innovative, results-oriented, and student-centered.
- Make data-informed enrollment projections and strategic recruitment and admissions decisions by routinely analyzing data to shape strategic directions and make appropriate adjustments to an integrated marketing plan that clearly identifies and defines historical University enrollment patterns and forecasts trends in new-student markets; regularly reassess effectiveness of recruitment activities and make appropriate adjustments to continuously refine goals and strategies to reflect a proactive response to market forces and the University's needs.
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic recruitment plans to expand the recruitment and enrollment of high-achievers, underrepresented minority, and first-generation college students.
- Promote frequent personal interactions with prospective students and their families by developing programs and creative initiatives to appropriately engage faculty, staff, students, alumni, trustees, and parents in the enrollment effort.
- Collaborate with University Communications and Marketing to develop brand marketing, promotional strategies, and recruitment tactics to meet targeted enrollment goals. Design and implement a comprehensive communication plan to articulate Augusta University's distinctive culture, academic programs, and the quality of student life to prospective students, applicants, high school counselors, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and manage an expedient and effective application processing plan. Understand technological innovations and lead the process of harnessing emerging technologies and leveraging technology investments that can support the processes within admissions and enrollment to attract, admit, enroll, and best serve a larger and more diverse applicant pool to identify "best fit" students for Augusta University.
- Collaborate with all levels and departments of the University, including Academic and Faculty Affairs; University Communications and Marketing; the Honors College; Academic Advising; New Student and Family Transitions; the Office of International Initiatives; Multicultural Student Engagement; Institutional Effectiveness; Financial Aid; the Office of the Registrar; University Athletics; and, academic colleges and departments.
- Serve as a key member of the University's Enrollment Management Council.
- Master's degree;
- Significant and appropriate experience in college admissions, including increasingly complex responsibility in a leadership position;
- Experience with recruitment and a proven track record of success with the strategic recruitment of targeted markets.
- An ability to communicate effectively to engage students, parents, and alumni of Augusta University and to explain complex concepts, ideas, and issues to a broad range of campus constituents.
- The willingness and skills necessary to serve as a visible representative for Augusta University and its programs;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and empower staff;
- Demonstrated collaboration skills to involve faculty, staff, and current students in recruitment;
- Employ excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Possess a sophisticated understanding of the applications of technology to the functions of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (e.g., Banner, Slate, imaging technology);
- Ability to investigate best practices via involvement with the state, regional, and/or national organizations (e.g., NACAC, AACRAO);
- A willingness to travel extensively.
How to Apply
The search committee will accept confidential applications and nominations until the position is filled. Screening of candidates will begin immediately. An application should include a letter describing relevant experiences and interest in the position; a resume; and the names of five references, with titles, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses. In your cover letter, please speak to your experience with recruiting and developing a team of admissions professionals; how you operationalize diversity and inclusion in your practices; how you engage academic departments, faculty, and other stakeholders; and how you optimize marketing and yield strategies for positive recruitment results. Submission of materials as PDF attachment is strongly encouraged. Individuals wishing to place names in nomination should submit a letter of nomination, including the name, position, address, and telephone number of the nominee. Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc., an executive search firm, is assisting Augusta University in the search.
Applications and letters of nomination should be submitted to:
Senior Executive Search Consultant
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC
Senior Executive Search Consultant
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc.
42 Business Centre Drive, Suite 206
Miramar Beach, Florida 32550
Phone: 850-650-2277 / Fax: 850-650-2272
For more information about Augusta University, please visit https://www.augusta.edu/.
Augusta University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) for all individuals without regard to race, age, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, creed, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.
More search results
Computer Science Professor, Tenured / Tenure Trac…
NYU Abu Dhabi
Chair, Department of Computer Science
Stevens Institute of Technology
Vice President for Finance and Administration/Tre…
Copy of Vice Chancellor for Administration and Fi…
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Dean of the School of Business
George Mason University