Assistant/Associate Professor (Tenure-Track) - Neurologic Physical Therapist
The Doctor of Physical Therapy program within Grand Valley State University’s College of Health Professions invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position with emphasis on teaching in the neurologic curriculum. An earned post-professional doctoral degree is preferred and a successful applicant must be licensed as a physical therapist (or eligible) in the State of Michigan. Options for service-related activities include 10% of the candidate’s activity in support of the University co-sponsored ABPTS Neurologic Physical Therapy Residency with Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The start date for this position is Fall 2022.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Possess a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from a CAPTE accredited institution.
- Licensed (or eligible) in the State of Michigan.
- Strong collaborative and collegial interpersonal relationships with peers and students.
- Excellent time management and leadership skills.
- Supportive of goals to improve diversity, equity and inclusion within the profession.
- Committed to supporting the mission, vision, goals and objectives of the university, college, program, and the profession.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Possess a post-professional terminal degree (PhD, EdD, DSc).
- ABPTS Board Certification (Neurologic PT preferred).
- History of successful teaching in a DPT program in neurologic rehabilitation.
- A developed scholarly agenda, and demonstrate potential for extramural grant funding.
- Teaching in the area of neurologic physical therapy and advising students.
- Participate in independent scholarly activity and direct faculty-led graduate student research.
- Participate in service activity in the department, college, university, and community service
- Represent the Grand Valley State University (GVSU) physical therapy program in state, regional, and national physical therapy education communities.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department/Division: The Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences, the physical therapy program offers a 3-year Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree. This well-established, highly respected program is housed in a state-of-the-art facility with access to adequate space for instructional (both lecture and laboratory), research, and simulation purposes. The GVSU DPT program is situated in a growing health campus within the rapidly expanding healthcare corridor of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Opportunities exist for clinical and scholarly interprofessional collaboration with faculty from other programs within the College of Health Professions and the University, as well as with healthcare professionals from community institutions. For additional information visit our website at www.gvsu.edu/pt.
How To Apply: Apply online at GVSU JOBS - Physical Therapy and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, and brief statements outlining your scholarship/research experiences and teaching philosophy. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail address of three professional references. Applicants selected for interviews will be required to submit official transcripts prior to the interview. If you need assistance, please call Human Resources at 616-331-2215. For additional information, contact Dr. Todd Sander, Search Chair at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: Consideration of applicants will begin immediately, and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University. Although the position will remain open until filled, applications submitted prior to January 1, 2022 will receive priority consideration. The successful candidate will begin the position August 4, 2022
More search results
Dean, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing …
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Assistant Teaching Professor of Chemistry (Organi…
The University of Tampa
Dean, School of Law
Business Librarian, USF Libraries, Tampa campus
University of South Florida
Curator-FL Environmental & Natural History Collec…
University of South Florida