Associate Vice Chancellor of Brand Marketing
The Division Marketing and Communications serves as a strategic advisor to partners and units across campus, purposefully fulfilling partners’ goals and objectives, helping to increase knowledge, support enrollment and engage students, alumni, faculty and staff. The division proactively shapes the University’s brand and optimizes the University’s reputation internally and externally in a transparent manner. In words, in pictures, online and in the news media, the Division of Marketing and Communications shares the many stories of how DU and its people are improving the human condition, for the purpose of advancing the University’s strategies. The team specializes in brand management, strategic communication, community engagement, media relations, digital and social media strategy, website development, content training and strategy, print and online publications and videography and photography.
The Associate Vice Chancellor of Marketing will be responsible for supporting the University of Denver’s strategic plan under the direction of the Vice Chancellor of Marketing and Communications. He/ she will develop and implement a strategic roadmap linked to clear goals and desired outcomes and lead a team of creative services and digital communications professionals, developing and implementing integrated marketing plans that meet the goals of the strategic roadmap. The Associate Vice Chancellor will partner with both the academic and administrative units through the campus to assist them in reaching their marketing goals, as they align with the overall mission of the University, communicating:
- Clear, articulated strategic objectives
- A test and learn culture, based on analytics and measurements
- Agility in brand and marketing execution
The key deliverable from the Office of Marketing and Communications is successful strategic, brand-focused marketing. The Associate Vice Chancellor leads the development and integration of all marketing programs within a strategic framework. Leveraging a partnership approach, she/he must gain alignment and support for marketing initiatives across the University and demonstrate the value-add benefits that strategic marketing can bring to the enterprise. Leading a team of direct and indirect reports, the Associate Vice Chancellor of Marketing expertly guides the University from reactive and tactical storytelling to strategic, brand and data-driven marketing. H/she will be a creative, conceptual thinker who understands the unique culture and values of the University of Denver.
- Provide industry-leading innovation in strategy, marketing and business planning derived from consumer/marketing centric research, applying analytics as well as creative thinking in order to further the brand and move the enterprise forward.
- Function as the Sheppard of the brand, clarifying, articulating and executing communication of the unique qualities that define DU in the form of brand architecture to external, as well as internal constituencies, across all communication touch points.
- Lead a direct team of marketing professionals, who manage and deliver the print and digital assets of the university, in marketing/promotion, planning on campus signage, social media, as well as photography and video production.
- Build marketing best practices, defining and strengthening the role of marketing across the University and bringing out-of-the-box thinking to identify new integrated marketing direction that brings brand vision to life.
- Lead marketing research and analytics to make informed and strategic decisions.
- Identify and lead a strong marketing team, providing the inspirational leadership necessary to develop, mentor and motivate a high performing team.
- Form and strengthen a cross-university consortium of marketing and communication professionals to achieve brand and marketing objectives across campus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Digital Marketing expertise with some knowledge of publishing operations.
- Promotion planning skills and demonstrated experience in advertising and promotion management, including direct marketing and CRM.
- Experience and comfort using analytics to drive marketing innovation, combined with the ability to generate creative ideas and also lead execution against these ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers, subordinates, and senior leaders in achieving objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, marketing, communications or related field.
- Ten (10) years of brand, marketing and/or product management experience in consumer goods or services, and/or higher education fields.
- Demonstrated track record of building and leading high performing teams, with experience managing a large staff.
- Master’s degree in management, marketing or related field.
- Proven track record of success with fifteen (15) years of brand, marketing, creative services and or/ product management experience in consumer goods or services and/or higher education fields.
- Cutting edge understanding of the best marketing approaches in use by customer oriented organizations and institutions of higher education.
- Track record of success in highly matrixes' environment with multiple constituents.
- Ability to integrate thinking across divergent points of view.
- Promotion strategy skills and demonstrated experience in integrated marketing with vast experience in advertising, promotion management, direct marketing, digital marketing and CRM.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive new research based marketing strategies and successfully lead implementation.
- Financial analysis skills and experience in data driven decision making.
For full consideration, please submit your application materials by Thursday, January 5, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
More search results
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
Dean of the College of Business
Austin Peay State University
Student Conflict Resolution and Support Coordinat…
George Mason University
Colorado State University
Professional Assistant I – Information Technology…
Suffolk County Community College