Undergraduate Programs Coordinator
The Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry invites applications for an Undergraduate Programs Coordinator. In coordination with the department’s leadership, the undergraduate programs coordinator will manage all aspects of the B.A. and B.S. undergraduate programs, including coordination with advisors, program policies, undergraduate curriculum, ACS reporting, Academic Program Review and other annual assessments.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to achieving excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. It strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Coordinate programs (B.A. and B.S.) for undergraduate majors and minors pursuing the traditional chemistry track, as well concentrations in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, environmental chemistry, and materials chemistry.
- Coordinate program advising with the Graduate Coordinator, for students enrolled in the accelerated MS degree option.
- Coordinate advising activities with undergraduate academic advisors in the department.
- Prepare presentations for recruitment and outreach.
- Organize and hold information sessions for prospective students (first-year and transfer) during orientation, Family Weekend, etc.
- Develop a program geared toward student retention, academic and professional development, and enrichment that aligns with strategic goals of the Department and the College of Science.
- Coordinate programming for student retention and success initiatives with academic success counselors in the College of Science.
- Monitor student retention, graduation rates, and diversity.
- Track and report student academic progress.
- Collaborate with the College of Science’s Development and Alumni Relations Offices to ensure student success in placements.
- Perform special projects as requested by the supervisor.
- 2:2 Teaching Load
- D. in Chemistry related field or Science Education
- Sensitivity to academic and cultural diversity, inclusion, and equity, with a commitment to creating an environment in which all students can succeed.
- Prior experience in environments that required handling sensitive and confidential information, working knowledge of FERPA and Title IX
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service, support, and problem-solving with a high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and follow through on tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Ability to interact positively and communicate clearly with supervisor, co-workers, and all constituents including faculty, staff, and students.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to lead an initiative from planning to execution.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and contribute constructively to a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience using digital tools to create and improve systems.
- Work experience in a STEM higher education environment.
- Five years of experience in program coordination, and/or undergraduate advising at a four-year institution.
- Ability to work in high pressure environment
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Grant proposal and education redesign skills.
- Ability to teach using technology.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number F674AZ at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, CV, Philosophy of Teaching, Diversity Statement and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
More search results
Dean, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing …
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Assistant Teaching Professor of Chemistry (Organi…
The University of Tampa
Dean, School of Law
Business Librarian, USF Libraries, Tampa campus
University of South Florida
Curator-FL Environmental & Natural History Collec…
University of South Florida