Information Technology Project Leader ISC, Client Services
- University of Pennsylvania
Information Technology Project Leader ISC, Client Services
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Information Technology Project Leader ISC, Client Services
Job Profile Title
Information Technology Project Leader
Job Description Summary
Information Systems & Computing (ISC) is the University of Pennsylvania's central IT organization, providing the core network, data, voice, video, and enterprise application infrastructure and services upon which Penn's numerous Schools and Centers build their unique tools and capabilities.
ISC's 270-plus employees work closely with the University's IT organizations in order to create, deliver and support products and services that help Schools and Centers operate efficiently and effectively. We strive to be easy to work with, and to serve as a trusted advisor to Penn's IT community, faculty, staff and students in support of an environment of discovery and progress.
ISC's focus on customer service and the high-quality, cost-effective, reliable implementation of modern IT solutions advances the mission of the University, as well as that of each individual School and Center. At Penn, technological freedom and departmental autonomy represent dearly held core values. ISC supports those ideas by providing foundational services and cogent counsel, empowering individuals and departments to employ their distinct strengths in support of their goals. https://www.isc.upenn.edu
Classroom Technology Services provides technical support for Central Pool classrooms, coordinates the design, installation, and replacement of new technology in classrooms, maintains equipment used in Central Pool classrooms, provides training and technical information to school-based support staff, and assists in coordination of end-user support provided by the schools.
Project Leader for Classroom Technology Services (CTS) coordinates the day-to-day efforts of computer and audiovisual contractors, architects, and design consultants in new and replacement central pool classroom technology installations. As a member of the CTS team, this position will participate in the planning and design of these classrooms, resolve technical requests and problems personally or through assignment to outside vendors, contractors, or consultants. Installs, upgrades, configures, maintains, and repairs computers and related audiovisual equipment. Work schedule for this position is 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Under general supervision, work as a member of the ISC Classroom Technology Services team to install and maintain audiovisual and computer technology in the 190+ classrooms within the university's central pool. Plan, manage, and see through to completion new and replacement classroom technology installation projects as assigned. Resolve technology requests and issues personally or through coordination of computer and audiovisual contractors, architects, and/or design consultants. Install, upgrade, configure, maintain (both preventive and reactive), and repair computer and related audiovisual equipment. Research, develop, and evaluate new concepts for instructional technology implementation. Research and evaluate new equipment to be used in classroom technology implementations. Provide technical guidance to peers as needed. Provide on-going technical leadership and advice to colleagues, local support providers, and end-users. The work schedule for this position is 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 2 years of experience installing, maintaining, repairing, and supporting classroom audiovisual equipment, computers, and control systems or an equivalent combination of experience and education is required. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written; ability to present technical materials clearly. Possess and demonstrates strong customer service orientation and has worked with a wide variety of customers and colleagues, delivering exemplary technical support. Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
Required Experience & Expertise:
- Advanced proficiency in replacing and configuring all components comprising a Central Pool classroom AV system
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience in operating proprietary software and/or web-UI pages (Crestron Toolbox, QSYS Designer, Panasonic web-UI and Dante Controller) embedded in the AV components used in Central Pool classrooms
- Installation and configuration of Crestron and QSC control systems
- A core understanding of audio signal flow, gain structure and EQ
- Proper image alignment of video projectors
- Terminating AV connections for purposes of making field repairs (Cat-5/Cat-6 to punch-down jacks or RJ-45 plugs, soldered audio connections, and captive screw connections)
- Replacing AV system cables using proper cable-management techniques
- Managing installation projects
- Experience in an academic environment preferred
- Office, library, computer room
- Stockroom or warehouse
- Outdoor exposure to weather
- Occasional lifting 25-50 lbs.
- Intermittently sitting/standing/stooping
- Climbing ladders/scaffolds
- Using tools requiring high dexterity
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Information Systems and Computing
$50,684.00 - $138,391.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2586513&targetURL=https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay">https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Franklin-Building/Information-Technology-Project-Leader-ISC--Client-Services_JR00040888
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Computer Science Professor, Tenured / Tenure Trac…
NYU Abu Dhabi
Chair, Department of Computer Science
Stevens Institute of Technology
Vice President for Finance and Administration/Tre…
Copy of Vice Chancellor for Administration and Fi…
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Dean of the School of Business
George Mason University