- University of Pennsylvania
Lead Operations Supervisor
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Lead Operations Supervisor
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The Lead Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of all rec facilities- Pottruck Health & Fitness Center, Fox Fitness Center and the Sheerr Pool. This includes assisting with supervising and training staff, serving as a customer service point person, overseeing the opening and closing the facility, addressing equipment and facility cleanliness and function, subbing when needed, and doing required clerical work to ensure smooth recreational facility operation. More specifically, a person in this role will be expected to complete regular facility walk-throughs for staff supervision, equipment issues, facility breakdowns and patron interaction. They will also monitor a shared email, temp staff schedule, data entry, oversee the lost and found process, and be heavily involved in the hiring, training, and assessment of temp staff. This person will be responsible for shift meetings and shift assignments daily. Lastly, this person will be expected to assess Risk Management while on shift and complete regular Risk Management checks on safety equipment, staff, and supplies.
- Building Operation. Provides oversight for all rec facilities. Includes managing open and/or closing processes, equipment and facility cleanliness and function. Understand and enforce building policy and fill in when needed, in any building or pool. Sets shift assignments and runs shift meetings, ensures staff assignments are completed. Troubleshoot broken equipment and complete a shift report that details lost and found, equipment breakdowns, and facility and staff issues daily. Report facility issues and submit work orders.
- Staff Oversight. Assist with managing the hiring process for all operations staff. Provide onboarding, training, and ongoing staff development. Initiate staff recognition or discipline processes as needed. Manage the “red cap drills” that test staff knowledge and performance. Shadow employees to help improve efficiency and function. Ensure that Rec Assistants, and Lifeguards are performing their duties consistently and to a high standard.
- Clerical Work. Provide support to Coordinator and Assistant Director with basic clerical work and data entry. Use technology to maintain staff knowledge base, point of sale, equipment inventory, internal resources, produce drafts of calendars, and any required reports. Provide data entry or validation for program enrollment as needed. Assist with creation, review, and implementation of policies and procedures. Complete weekly ops summary reports and send to supervisors.
- Risk Management. Serve as the first responder for any medical or other emergency in rec facilities. Know and implement risk management procedures. Assist with training and assessment of staff and facility emergency response. Perform building walkthroughs to audit signage, EAP equipment and general first aid supply levels as needed.
- Assist in the setup and operations of special events or programs within Campus Recreation and/or Athletics as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED and 1 to 2 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service and communication skills, have the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously. A valid American Red Cross Life-guarding Certification is required at hire and expected to be maintained.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Division of Recreation & Intercollegiate Athletics
$16.23 - $29.22
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2586462&targetURL=https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay">https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Gimbel-Gymnasium/Lead-Operations-Supervisor_JR00042834
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Dean, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing …
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Assistant Teaching Professor of Chemistry (Organi…
The University of Tampa
Dean, School of Law
Business Librarian, USF Libraries, Tampa campus
University of South Florida
Curator-FL Environmental & Natural History Collec…
University of South Florida