The College of Arts & Sciences at Dakota State University invites applications for a nine-month, full-time, benefits-eligible, tenure-track faculty position in Mathematics. Rank will be determined based on the applicant’s qualifications. The candidate will be expected to teach 12 credit hours per semester consisting of a variety of mathematics courses, both face-to-face and on-line, at the general education and upper division levels. Experience or interest in teaching discrete mathematics is strongly desired.
The committee will be particularly interested in candidates with evidence of effective teaching at the college level, a research agenda that supports DSU’s mission of education and information systems, and a record of service and active participation in the community.
- Ph.D. in mathematics or closely related field by the starting date of the appointment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Potential to be an effective teacher and mentor to students.
- Potential to develop and maintain external collaborations and outreach efforts with the local and regional businesses.
- Potential to develop and maintain a record of scholarly research and publication.
- Teaching and advising in undergraduate programs.
- Researching and publishing relevant scholarship.
- Networking with scholars and professionals to secure internships and post-graduate opportunities for students.
DSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site will allow the attachment of a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and contact information for at least three professional references.
Candidates who apply by December 31, 2021 will receive primary consideration.
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
DSU is committed to recruitment, hiring, and retention of underrepresented groups.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.
More search results
Computer Science Professor, Tenured / Tenure Trac…
NYU Abu Dhabi
Chair, Department of Computer Science
Stevens Institute of Technology
Vice President for Finance and Administration/Tre…
Copy of Vice Chancellor for Administration and Fi…
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Dean of the School of Business
George Mason University