Pulmonologist and/or Intensivist
The University of Iowa, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care Medicine, and Occupational Medicine in the Department of Internal Medicine is seeking a full time BC/BE pulmonologist and/or intensivist at the rank of Associate (non-track), Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in either the Clinical or Tenure Track. The candidate will focus primarily on research, but will also perform some clinical work and teaching activities. The candidate will be expected to establish an independently funded research program. The Division enjoys a strong national reputation of excellence in research, patient care, and teaching.
Candidates must have a M.D degree or equivalent and be authorized to work in the U.S. and eligible to hold an appointment in the Veterans Affairs Health Care System.
- Must hold an MD/DO, or MD/DO and PhD degrees or equivalent
- A record of accomplishment in the area of pulmonary research
- Proven track record in research and peer-reviewed external funding
- Must meet grant requirements, including U.S. citizenship or permanent residency status
- Board certified/eligible in Pulmonary/Critical Care
- Strong oral and written communication/interpersonal skills
- Leadership and interpersonal strengths in relationships with colleagues, staff and patients
- Demonstrated experience in teaching medical students, residents and fellows and/or related scholarly activity
- High levels of creativity with a demonstrated ability to work independently
- Current NIH funding
Interested applicants should search the Jobs@UIOWA site: http://jobs.uiowa.edu/content/faculty/ and search for requisition #70217
Visit us on the web at: http://www.medicine.uiowa.edu
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies.
More search results
Director of CHASS FIRST
UCR CHASS FIRST
Assistant Professor and Curator, Breckenridge End…
University of Minnesota
Aviation Program, Tenure Track Open rank
Bowling Green Stat Univ.
TESOL Adjunct Faculty
George Mason University
Director, Center for Latino Studies - (FAC000209)
University of Houston - Downtown