Administrative Manager (Center for Cellular Immunotherapy)
- University of Pennsylvania
Administrative Manager (Center for Cellular Immunotherapy)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Administrative Manager (Center for Cellular Immunotherapy)
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The CCI Administrative Manager will be responsible for proactively managing a wide range of advanced and executive administrative duties in support for a high profile Director of the Center for Cellular Immunotherapies (CCI), The Parker Institute at Penn and Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, as well as five additional senior Directors. In addition, this position will also include overall day-to-day management of three floors (Smilow 8, South Tower 8 and 9) that encompass research labs, GMP facilities, an office space and support administrative needs of personnel from varied functional teams. Major categories of responsibilities include management of CCI communications, calendaring and meeting/event planning, travel policy and expense monitoring and management, floor inventory management, and maintenance of development credentials for CCI investigators. Extensive knowledge of CCI operations and Penn policies will be critical to perform these responsibilities with minimal direction, many of which are confidential in nature.
The position will also require leadership skills and a commitment to Penn Medicine and CCI diversity initiatives. The candidate will support the CCI Director of Diversity in the development of a science mentoring training program for underrepresented students and a method to quantify metrics for program impact. This individual will support the full spectrum of CCI members, including faculty, undergraduate and graduate students and staff to identify and track school-wide progress along key metrics, and will coordinate, collaborate and communicate regularly with human resources, communications, program offices, external affairs, executive education and other units across the University of Pennsylvania. He/she/they will create strategies for, plans and executes programs, activities, training, and communications in support of our mission to cultivate a lifelong connection with the University for all, with an emphasis on ensuring inclusion and representation of black, indigenous, people of color, and LGBTQ+.
CCI Administrative Manager will be responsible for proactively providing analytical and specialized support managing through performance a wide range of advanced administrative duties in support for a high profile Director of the Center for Cellular Immunotherapies (CCI), The Parker Institute at Penn and Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine. This position will also be responsible for supporting the Deputy Director of CCI and several other high profile investigators and directors within CCI labs. The Administrative Manager will organize day-to-day activities; integrate and communicate between the various components of the center; monitor, manage, measure, and track progress towards goals; and work with the directors to implement and direct the CCI objectives. Extensive knowledge of fast paced and growing the program's operations and policies will be critical to perform responsibilities with minimal direction, many of which are confidential in nature. In addition to a commitment to excellence in operations, the position requires leadership skills and a commitment to the center mission of training and supporting emerging scientists from underrepresented backgrounds. This individual will support the full spectrum of CCI members, including faculty, undergraduate and graduate students and staff to identify and track school-wide progress along key metrics, and will coordinate, collaborate and communicate regularly with human resources, communications, program offices, external affairs, executive education and other units across the University of Pennsylvania. He/she/they will create strategies for, plans and executes programs, activities, training, and communications in support of our mission to cultivate a lifelong connection with.
Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience working at the executive level required or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills needed. Strong oral and written communication skills essential. The successful candidate will possess exceptionally sound judgment, be highly organized, and have both a results orientation and a service orientation. The position requires strong initiative with the capacity to exercise discretion in working with highly confidential and sensitive matters. A systems thinker with a results orientation is needed for success in this role. Demonstrated intermediate to advanced level PC skills including all facets of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) and the ability to effectively utilize the Internet, as required. Strong PC skills in MS Office needed. Must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines and multiple priorities. Knowledge of University policies and procedures desired.
This position is contingent upon funding.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2574862&targetURL=https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay">https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Smilow-Center-for-Translational/Administrative-Manager--Center-for-Cellular-Immunotherapy-_JR00042898-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Dean, School of International Service
DEAN - SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
College of Charleston
PROVOST AND VICE PRESIDENT OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Lawrence Technological University
Assistant Professor of Violin
TCU School of Music
Faculty (Rank Open) in Computational Chemistry
University of Massachusetts Lowell