Dean of the Donna Ford Attallah College of Educational Studies
- Chapman University
- Orange, CA
Chapman University | Dean of the Donna Ford Attallah College of Educational Studies
Chapman University is seeking an innovative and experienced administrator with an established record of inclusive, effective, and collaborative leadership and a demonstrated commitment to furthering the reach of the Donna Ford Attallah College of Educational Studies. As Chapman University continues to grow and evolve under the leadership of President Struppa and Provost Bouchard, the Dean will have the opportunity to foster scholarly activity, secure resources for the College, guide the College through the accreditation process, and address other key institutional priorities.
The incoming Dean will be responsible for providing strategic leadership for the future direction of the college. Joining a highly engaged and community-oriented group of faculty, staff, and students, the Dean will have the opportunity to lead the process to set priorities and build consensus around the identity, initiatives, and structures of the college. The new Dean will participate as a critical voice in Chapman’s collegial leadership team of fellow deans, the Provost and the President and will have the opportunity to contribute to cross-college collaborations and interdisciplinary partnerships.
The successful candidate will hold a terminal degree in a discipline represented in the College or a related field and have an exemplary teaching, scholarship, and service record. In addition, the incoming Dean will possess many of the following abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- Demonstrated experience successfully recruiting, mentoring, and retaining diverse faculty and staff at every stage of a career arc;
- A record of engaging with student-centered approaches to teaching and learning;
- Experience with generating resources, fundraising, and working with external constituents, including alumni, donors, and foundations;
- An inclusive, engaging, transparent, and collaborative leadership style, along with the ability to advocate for faculty, staff, and students, and transparently communicate information in all directions and to all constituencies;
- An unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism, as well as a record that demonstrates success in enhancing these principles
- Deep managerial experience within an academic environment, including extensive budget oversight, financial planning, strategic resource allocation, and personnel management experience;
- Capacity to build internal and external relationships and visibility: successful experience forming effective partnerships with external organizations, including public, private, and parochial schools, as well as community-based organizations and private industry;
To view the full position description please visit this website.
Amy Sugin, Jim Sirianni, Mark Halligan, and Holly Bogo of Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search, have been retained by Chapman University to assist in this search process. Applications, nominations, and further inquiries should be directed to AttallahDean@koyapartners.com.
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The university is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The university is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
More search results
Dean, School of International Service
DEAN - SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
College of Charleston
PROVOST AND VICE PRESIDENT OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Lawrence Technological University
Assistant Professor of Violin
TCU School of Music
Faculty (Rank Open) in Computational Chemistry
University of Massachusetts Lowell