Program Coordinator, Graduate Nursing Program
Program Coordinator, Graduate Nursing Program
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Program Coordinator, Graduate Nursing Program
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The Program Coordinator manages and implements a wide range of activities for the Graduate Nursing program. Manage a variety of program-related evaluation processes working in collaboration with the Program Director, Track Leaders. Prepare all program related documentation. Manage and prepare all meetings e.g., Program curriculum committee meetings and meeting materials. Maintain essential program records in accordance with the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) guidelines in preparation for site visits. Create and maintain the program website and communications. Provide coordinated student support and serves as primary point of contact for the Program. Support program accreditation: i.e. reports, evaluations, etc Monitor student/progress/attrition.). Respond to inquiries and conduct appropriate follow-up. Oversee the enrollment for each Track Lead of the Program working with the Collect data for program review.
Supports the Department Administrator with Financial impacted processes for all student workers and temporary workers through Workday by creating job requisitions and pre-hires through Workday. Supports the Department Administrator with staffing requests for graduate programs through the contract database system using confidential Faculty salary information.
Program Support and administration operations- Manages a wide range of activities for the Graduate Programs.
- Support the Program Director/ Vice Chair with calendar management for program meetings. Ex. student advisees and program student meetings.
- Manages administrative operations in support of the program, including meeting schedules and preparation for meetings.
- Develop a master calendar of activities and events to anticipate needs and keep team informed on a timely basis.
- Use sound judgment to respond to inquiries from potential prospects about the program; conduct follow-up or refer questions to the appropriate person.
- Support with the orientation process of Program students regarding inter-departmental policies and procedure.
- Prepares agendas and meeting minutes with extensive follow up on action items.
- Manage a variety of program-related evaluation processes working in collaboration with the Program Director, Track Leaders, Program Faculty and OAA.
- Oversee the shared applicant status information to keep the Admissions office informed.
- Support with the orientation process of Program students regarding inter-departmental policies and procedures.
- Supports signs of student attrition and work with Faculty Director to maintain enrollment.
- Support student examination processes: plan of study changes, and audits academic record to ensure graduation readiness; respond to inquiries and conduct appropriate follow-up
- Maintain accurate and up to date filing systems for the program both electronic
- and hard copy.
- Maintain and update the program website.
- Work collaboratively with key players (Marketing, ITS) to develop project scopes and objectives.
- Collaborate with online support team for Canvas management with Administrative Coordinators.
- Expedites expense reimbursements using Concur.
- Purchase supplies and materials for the program.
Department Administrator Support: Support the Department Administrator on Financial, policy and data.
- Policy writing and implementation to support the Department Administrator, Chairs and Vice Chairs
- Procedure and processes writing to support the accreditation process working collaboratively with OAA and compliance.
- Manage the Student and Temp worker hiring process through Workday creating reqs and pre-hires
- Oversees the Administrative Coordinator for staffing needs with all graduate/UG programs using CDB and approval process.
- Orders Supplies, audits copy center charges and Faculty expenses. Oversees the guest lecture payments for all graduate programs.
- Pro-card holder for the Department
- Orientate and train new Administrative Coordinators and Research Staff within the Department.
Accreditation and Evaluation Process - Manage and maintain essential program records in accordance with the complex CCNE guidelines in preparation for site visits.
- Manage a variety of program-related evaluation processes working in collaboration with the Director,
- Provide relevant documents as requested by Faculty Chair to demonstrate how FCH supports the mission of the School
- Develop and maintain systems and procedures to manage records and documentation in compliance with CCNE guidelines.
- Support Faculty Chair in collection of CVs and in the performance appraisal process as well as distribution of faculty course evaluations. Ensure that faculty and preceptors have proper onboarding for teaching/learning resources.
- Maintain all records of committee minutes including faculty, advisory, curriculum, admissions, grievance, evaluation, etc. in compliance with CCNE requirements
- Support in ensuring that classrooms are scheduled to meet the requirements in coordination with the Registrar.
- Develop repository for achievements by faculty that highlight successes in research, teaching, mentorship, nursing practice, and service mission. CECTS
- Maintain data on an ongoing basis to facilitate preparation of the annual report; assist with the development and preparation of the program's self-study and Program documentation.
- Coordinate and prepare reports of evaluation processes in compliance with CCNE guidelines
- Prepare ad hoc reports for the Program Director and Track Leader as needed.
BA/BS with 3-5 years progressively responsible administrative and program experience or equivalent combination. Prior higher education experience with program coordination support required. Excellent customer service and superior verbal and written communication skills are essential. The successful candidate will possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills with initiative and a results orientation. Sound judgment with the ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects with competing priorities needed. Must be detail-oriented, exercise discretion in working with confidential and sensitive matters. Strong writing skills needed; writing samples required. Demonstrated proficiency with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including ability to create spreadsheets, manage databases and generate reports. Prior web content update experience helpful. Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player a must. Must have excellent written and oral communication, and customer relation skills.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Nursing
$23.60 - $42.48
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2581515&targetURL=https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay">https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Claire-M-Fagin-Hall/Program-Coordinator--Graduate-Nursing-Program_JR00042694
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
GRI Program Manager, Research Initiatives
William & Mary
GRI Senior Program Manager, Student Initiatives
William & Mary
Assistant/Associate Professor, Professional Psych…
Wright State University
Tenure Track/Tenured Assistant, Associate & Profe…
Florida International University
Assistant Professor – Movement
Virginia Commonwealth University