Clinical Research Nurse B or C
- University of Pennsylvania
Clinical Research Nurse B or C
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Clinical Research Nurse B or C
Job Profile Title
Clinical Research Nurse B
Job Description Summary
Become a member of our dedicated and highly collegial clinical research team and make a difference each day in the fight against cancer. This vacancy is with the Genitourinary Research Team within the Abramson Cancer Center working on therapeutic and observational clinical trials in the areas of Kidney, Prostate, Germ cell, and Urothelial malignancies. The Abramson Cancer Center is a World Leader in developing and conducting innovative clinical trials for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The nurses of the Clinical Research Unit (CRU) in the University of Pennsylvania's Abramson Cancer Center have the opportunity to deliver cutting-edge treatments to a group of patients that they follow closely and with whom they are able to develop unique relationships. Our nurses have made significant contributions to clinical trials for drugs that are now FDA approved and standard of care for the treatment of cancer throughout the world. This Monday - Friday, daytime position offers a great deal of independence to manage the care of your patients in a team setting, as well as the opportunity for professional development in a highly specialized career track. As a Research Nurse in the CRU, you will become a member of a very collaborative multi-disciplinary team consisting of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Scientists, Laboratory Personnel and Research Coordinators who work together to develop innovative approaches to the treatment of cancer.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
Clinical Research Nurse B ; With minimal supervision, coordinate the conduct of Phase I - IV clinical trials including consenting, screening and enrolling eligible subjects, managing subject treatment per protocol, oversight and coordination of research testing, including labs, office visits and radiology exams, provide oversight for research medication administration, monitor patient care, treatment side effects and patient status throughout study period, communicate any research issues to PI and primary MD, communication with research team, including Investigators, CRC and regulatory team, to ensure patient safety and proper study conduct, provide patient/family education and support, follow GCP guidelines in the conduct of trials, coordinate implementation of research protocols with study and clinical team, collecting and reporting research data, reporting serious adverse events per protocol, coordinate subject care with clinical team, provide coverage and support to other research nurses and coordinators, maintain good communication with supervisors, co-workers and study team, attend study related meetings that may occur outside of usual work ours, other duties as assigned.
Clinical Research Nurse C: Independently coordinate the conduct of Phase I - IV clinical trials including consenting, screening and enrolling eligible subjects, managing subject treatment per protocol, oversight and coordination of research testing, including labs, office visits and radiology exams, provide oversight for research medication administration, monitor patient care, treatment side effects and patient status throughout study period, communicate any research issues to PI and primary MD, communication with research team, including Investigators, CRC and regulatory team, to ensure patient safety and proper study conduct, provide patient/family education and support, follow GCP guidelines in the conduct of trials, coordinate implementation of research protocols with study and clinical team, collecting and reporting research data, reporting serious adverse events per protocol, coordinate subject care with clinical team, provide coverage and support to other research nurses and coordinators, maintain good communication with supervisors, co-workers and study team, possibly assist in the writing and development of investigator-initiated protocols, participate in the development of unit SOP's, serve as a resource for junior staff, serve as a resource for development of study orders, provide input into the development of efficient work flows, attend study related meetings that may occur outside of usual work ours, other duties as assigned.
Possess strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
Clinical Research Nurse B
Registered Nurse with license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania and 1 year of nursing experience, preferably in clinical research, is required. BS degree in Nursing or a Bachelor degree in a related discipline and Oncology experience (either nursing or clinical research) is highly preferred.
Clinical Research Nurse C: Same as above with 2 to 3 years of experience.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2574798&targetURL=https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay">https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Perelman-Center-for-Adv-Medicine/Clinical-Research-Nurse--B-or-C_JR00042860-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Dean, School of Computing and Information
University of Pittsburgh School of Computing and Information
Dean of the Graduate School of Applied and Profes…
Rutgers University- New Brunswick
Dean, College of Medicine
Assistant or Associate Professor - Economics
Dean, School of International Service