Director, Launch UC
- University of Cincinnati
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- $70,000 - $79,000
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here. Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.
The University of Cincinnati is establishing a new early enrollment program called Launch UC. The program will enroll high school students working toward degree progress in specific academic majors and programs. The Director, for Launch UC, will design, expand, and lead this initiative, building on the University’s current early enrollment models. This role will serve as a member of the Advising & Academic Services directorial team, working closely with our other high school programs (i.e. CPS Strong, College Credit Plus), Enrollment Management offices, UC colleges, and high schools across Ohio.
Lead and develop the new Launch UC early enrollment program. Expand early college access to coursework and degree progress for high school students with the University of Cincinnati (UC).
- Build partnerships and working relationships with Ohio high schools to establish early college academic programs with a consistent experience across UC.
- Market opportunities to expand the program with area high schools and families, increasing UC’s enrollment pipeline.
- Partner with UC leadership (deans, assoc./asst. deans, etc.) to identify opportunities for early college programs that lead to careers.
- Collaborate with UC faculty and departments to ensure the strength of the academic program, with flexible course applicability.
- Establish a strong central infrastructure to coordinate the program, partnering closely with curricular and academic supports provided at the program level.
- Identify, communicate and execute best practice strategies and models with flexibility across UC colleges.
- Partner closely with College Credit Plus (CCP) staff to help expand CCP enrollments and teachers certified to teach UC courses in the high schools.
- Serve as a member of the Advising & Academic Services directorial team, working closely with CCP, CPS Strong, Admissions, Registrar’s Office, and others.
- Responsible for achieving strategic enrollment objectives with university-level responsibility for planning, execution and results.
- Develop strategies to scale K-12 student enrollment in Launch UC and convert majority of participants into degree-seeking students at UC.
- Assess program success, prepare reports, provide advice, write proposals, deliver presentations, and construct agreements.
- Develop, implement and monitor the Launch UC budget. Advocate for policy that supports increasing enrollment, student success, and progression.
- Serve on various university, division, and departmental committees; represent the university at various state and national associations.
- May provide direct and/or indirect supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Seven (7) years of experience in education, teaching, academic advising, academic services, college recruitment, or college student success.
- Possess a working knowledge of higher education curriculum development and shared governance.
Additional Qualifications Considered
Additional experience working with public schools (K-12).
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Interested and qualified applicants must apply online at https://bit.ly/2X4v21e. In addition to completing the online application, applicants must include the following:
- A resume
- A cover letter (explaining your interest in the position)
Please use the additional documents feature as needed for these items.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $70,000 - $79,000 for this role, depending on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
More search results
Qualitative Social Sciences Librarian
University of South Florida
Director of Communications
Michigan State University
Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusi…
Dean, Allen W. and Carol M. Schmidthorst College …
Bowling Green State University
Director of Dual-Credit Programs