- Faculty Position
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Arnold, MD 21012
With learning as its central mission, Anne Arundel Community College (AACC) has responded to the needs of a diverse community for more than 50 years by offering high quality, affordable and accessible learning opportunities. Established in 1961, AACC is a fully accredited, public, two-year institution that offers national and regional studies that lead to a degree or certificate, industry credential, transfer to a four-year institution, or career enhancement, personal enrichment and lifelong learning. The college's nationally recognized and award-winning programs help about 49,000 students annually achieve their academic, professional and personal goals.
Anne Arundel Community College has a student body of over 49,000 credit, non-credit, certificate and professional students, including 33 percent of students of color and 1,560 international students from 77 countries.
Located in Anne Arundel County, Maryland near historic Annapolis, home to the U.S. Naval Academy, AACC is conveniently located just minutes from Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and downtown Baltimore and is not far from Washington, D.C. Bordering the beautiful Chesapeake Bay, the county has 437 miles of waterfront.
AACC is committed to supporting and sustaining a diverse and inclusive educational and work environment. Diversity is not merely a goal but a value that is embedded throughout the institution in multiple areas including, but not limited to: teaching, learning, student success, workplace effectiveness, and engagement in partnerships with local and global communities.
Faculty members are expected to serve on department, school and college committees; advise students; engage in professional development activities; and participate in community and business partnerships, research and grant opportunities. Faculty will use technology and learning outcomes assessment to enhance classroom teaching and demonstrate commitment to innovation and teaching excellence. College teaching experience is preferred.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, the College seeks exceptional teaching faculty who represent a diversity of thought and experience.
Flexible Position Description for Faculty
Anne Arundel Community College is guided by principles that emphasize student success, especially in learning, and continuous improvement to maintain a progressive and vital learning community. AACC is a premier learning organization that is at the forefront of community college education. As such, faculty will:
- Deliver instruction in a variety of formats.
- Integrate learning outcomes assessment techniques in instructional planning, curriculum design and teaching activities.
- Apply technology to the teaching and learning process.
- Collaborate in flexible, imaginative problem solving.
- Integrate interdisciplinary and global perspectives into curricula.
While faculty work of 30 faculty load hours per academic year includes primary responsibilities for teaching and assessing learning and for college, school and department service, advising, and professional development, the college seeks to break the frame that traditionally surrounds faculty assignments. In conjunction with their primary responsibilities, and in various combinations, faculty will:
- Mentor students, including those students from specific target groups.
- Mentor new full-time faculty and part-time faculty.
- Design, format and deliver curriculum in a variety of formats.
- Train and consult for workforce initiatives (e.g., for public and corporate partners, etc.).
- Develop and implement community education and extended learning programs.
- Partner with colleagues to enhance services to students and the community through recruitment and marketing, advising, retention strategies and activities.
- Strengthen relations and collaborative activities with K-12 and Baccalaureate-granting institutions.
- Work with “at-risk” populations.
- Develop multicultural educational environments that affirm the value of cultural diversity.
We invite faculty applications now for renewable, term-contract faculty appointments for fall 2017 beginning August 16, 2017, potentially leading to tenure-track positions in the following departments:
Communications, Journalism, Psychology, Mathematics, Physical Science, Engineering, Biology, Computer Technology, Human Services, Health, Fitness and Exercise, Accounting, Business Management and Legal Studies
For full position descriptions, required qualifications and to apply, please visit our web site at www.aacc.edu/employment and click on Career Opportunities.
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More search results
Open Rank Faculty Position in Energy Engineering …
Virginia Tech - Mechanical Engineering
International Marketing or International Business
City University of New York
Assistant Professor – Marketing Analytics or Mark…
Vice President for Communications, Marketing and …
Assistant Professor - Integrative Biologist