Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
The Accounting Department at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh seeks qualified applicants for a full-time, tenure-track, position starting in the fall of 2017. The Accounting Department is part of the AACSB accredited College of Business. The mission statement of our Department is "to empower balanced growth in our constituents" with a vision of "life in balance." We seek candidates who share our commitment to this mission and vision. We will consider all accounting disciplines.
- Teach graduate and undergraduate accounting courses
- Engage in and publish the results of scholarly activity
- Provide service to the department, college, university, academy, and community
- Doctorate with an accounting emphasis from an AACSB-accredited institution. Evidence of completion by start date required. All specializations considered.
- Evidence of effective classroom teaching
- Evidence of ability to manage a research portfolio
- Evidence of engagement with the American Accounting Association or other academic or professional organizations
- Evidence of collegiality in a work or educational setting
- Evidence of engagement with local community
- Relevant professional experience and/or accounting certification(s) with cogent accounting coursework
- Evidence of effective classroom teaching in non-introductory accounting courses
Donna Molus, Program Assistant, (920) 424-3027, email@example.com
How to apply:
Electronic application preferred. Send the following materials to Ms. Donna Molus, Accounting Department Program Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of Application, to include:
- Expression of interest in the position
- Brief description of areas of particular interest for teaching and research
- Date of degree, if degree in hand
- Date(s) of proposal defense and/or final defense of dissertation, if ABD
- Curriculum vita(e)
- Philosophy of Teaching Statement, including teaching experience (e.g., courses taught) and evidence of effective teaching (e.g., student evaluation scores) in addition to teaching philosophy.
- Description of Research Agenda
- Contact information for three professional references
- Transcripts (unofficial) for highest degree earned
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
For additional information, contact the Search Committee Chair, Professor Christopher R. Jones, at email@example.com or (920) 424-1040.
Review of applications will begin on 2/13/17. All applications received after this date will be considered in a secondary pool of candidates.
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is an Equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. UW Oshkosh considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
Employment will require a criminal background check. UW Oshkosh complies with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act with regard to nondiscrimination on the basis of arrest and/or conviction record.
For UW Oshkosh campus safety / security information, see University Police Annual Report, or call the Human Resources Office at 920/424-1166 for a paper copy.
More search results
University of Houston - Downtown
Open Rank Faculty Position in Energy Engineering …
Virginia Tech - Mechanical Engineering
International Marketing or International Business
City University of New York
Assistant Professor – Marketing Analytics or Mark…
Vice President for Communications, Marketing and …