Digital Communications Specialist
Digital Communications Specialist
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Digital Communications Specialist
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Penn Engineering Online is looking for an experienced marketing communications professional to join a fast-paced and growing team responsible for driving enrollment in multiple at-scale, fully online degree programs. The Digital Communications Specialist, under the oversight of the Director of Marketing, will serve as the primary owner of Penn Engineering Online's brand, content, social and online presence. Primary responsibilities include serving as the webmaster, managing social media, developing and managing an editorial calendar, managing the brand and all content and reporting on the results of all marketing communications activities. This position will be responsible for driving the marketing communications strategy for Penn Engineering Online.
- Webmaster: Serving as the webmaster for Penn Engineering Online, the Digital Communications Specialist will: manage, maintain and develop new website content; maintain a revision tracking and approval log; manage SEO; use google analytics to analyze website traffic and produce reports for leadership; carry out and analyze the results of multiple tests; manage third party plug-ins such as chatbots; and consult as needed with the developer and internal support professionals (CETS).
- Social Media Manager: Manage all organic social media content across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube and Vimeo. Develop and maintain a social media strategy including posting cadence, approval process, social guidelines and tracking process. Provide regular updates to leadership on the success of organic social. Monitor chatter about Penn Engineering Online across multiple platforms such as Reddit.
- Editorial Content and Calendar: Manage the editorial calendar for Penn Engineering Online. Develop a yearly strategy and work with the writer, graphic designer and videographer to manage the content creation and approval process. At a minimum, produce four pieces of new content per month in a variety of formats such as blog, video and interactive. Utilizing Airtable, create a repository for all marketing assets including visual, media, written content, branding elements and other assets. Maintain the repository and ensure the assets stay organized in a useful way for various members of the team. Liaise regularly with Penn Engineering Communications, OLI and others to promote our content for wider publication. Collaborate with the Admissions Team to organize and produce webinars twice a semester for prospective students.
- Brand Management: Serve as the owner of Penn Engineering Online Brand. Maintain the style and branding guidelines. Ensure that the guidelines are followed by all members of Penn Engineering Online. Design and approve merchandise for Penn Engineering Online. Design and format all outward facing documents in a manner that upholds brand consistency.
- Project Management with Coursera Partners: Review and approve all emails sent by the Coursera team to Penn Engineering Online prospective students. Manage special projects related to Coursera/Penn Engineering Online marketing campaigns. Coordinate with Coursera to edit and maintain the MCIT Online degree description page and chatbot content.
- Penn Engineering Online Seminar Series: Serve as the co-producer and manager of the Penn Engineering Online Seminar series. Find the talent, organize the events, manage the webpage and all marketing.
- Special Project Support: As needed, provide support to the Director of the Marketing on a variety of projects, reports and presentations
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree a minimum of two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong project management skills, communication, positive attitude and attention-to-detail
Experience in WordPress preferred
Experience using project management software
Willingness to learn intermediate Excel skills such as pivot tables, vlookup and filters
Proficient with GSuite
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience working in a highly collaborative team environment preferred
Note: Cover Letter strongly recommended.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Engineering and Applied Science
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3600-Market-Street/Digital-Communications-Specialist_JR00042448
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Mathematics Professor - Tenured / Tenure Track (O…
New York University
Dean, Meinders School of Business
Oklahoma City University
Dean, School of Computing and Information
University of Pittsburgh School of Computing and Information
Dean of the Graduate School of Applied and Profes…
Rutgers University- New Brunswick
Tenure Track Faculty – Civil Engineering (Environ…
California State University Sacramento