Manager Research Project A (Medical Ethics)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Manager Research Project A (Medical Ethics)
Job Profile Title
Manager Research Project A
Job Description Summary
This PM - A position manages day to day operations for innovative behavioral research projects within the Center for Health Incentives and Behavioral Economics. This position will work on Global Health projects led by Dr. Harsha Thirumurthy focused on using behavioral economics insights to promote various health behaviors related to HIV/AIDS and non-communicable diseases.
Responsibilities include regular communication with domestic and international research partners, study implementation, protocol oversight, IRB correspondences and regulatory requirements, tracking and management of study data, and tracking and management of study budgets. This position requires travel to study site (overseas) when travel is permitted again following the termination of COVID-19 travel restrictions. Travel may include the potential for extended stays ranging from 2 weeks to 3 months.
The Project Manager A will be responsible for working with researchers at the Center for Health Incentives and Behavioral Economics at the University of Pennsylvania as they develop new research projects that apply insights from behavioral economics to improve health outcomes and increase health-promoting behaviors in low- and middle-income countries.
This position will be part of the Center's Global Health research team led by Dr. Harsha Thirumurthy. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who have training in economics and other behavioral sciences, strong quantitative skills, as well as experience working on research projects in low- and middle-income countries.
The Project Manager A will be responsible for the following: developing study protocols and procedures, supporting local research staff and communicating regularly with study team members, overseeing recruitment and data collection activities, tracking and management of study data, and tracking and managing the study budget.
The selected candidate will work closely with the Senior Project Manager and other members of the study team to plan and implement study procedures, engage external partners, and report study progress internally and to study sponsors. The Project Manager A will be responsible for IRB submissions and correspondence and must follow good clinical practices for conducting human subjects research.
This position requires travel to study site (overseas) when travel is permitted again following the lifting of COVID-19 travel restrictions. Travel will likely be to Kenya and South Africa, with the potential for travel to other countries as well. Travel durations of 2 weeks or longer will be expected. Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2021. Full consideration will be given to all applications received by that date. Applications received after the priority deadline may be reviewed until the position is filled or the search is closed.
We are profoundly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we are seeking candidates who foster and support this commitment.
This position will be overseen and supported by the PM - B and PI. The PM-B will support the PM-A in the following areas (list no exhaustive): budget management, regulatory tracking, study implementation and technical advice. The PM-A will have weekly meetings with the PM-B/PI.
Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
This position is contingent upon grant funding.
Office, library, computer room
Typically sitting at a desk or table; Occasional lifting 25 lb. or less; Typically standing or walking; Intermittently sitting/standing/stooping
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Blockley-Hall---11th-Floor/Manager-Research-Project-A--Medical-Ethics-_JR00042365
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Director of Utilities and Energy Management
University of Texas at Austin
Communications Director, Ci3
The University of Chicago
Faculty Position in Economics, Tenure-Track Level
Assistant Professor - Visual Studies, Race and Mi…
Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology
Assistant Professor - Design + Community
Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology