CSU STEPs Program Manager
CSU STEPs Program Manager
Fort Collins, CO
Proposed Annual Salary Range
$60,000 - $80,000. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Description of Work Unit
This position is based out of the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President and will work collaboratively with the Office of the Vice President for Inclusive Excellence, the Office of Equal Opportunity, and the CSU STEM Center. The position is crucial university-wide and will help launch a new program in faculty equity.
The Provost’s Office oversees – among other things – faculty affairs on campus, including assisting with faculty and staff diversity and inclusion initiatives, new faculty appointments, the promotion and tenure process, and faculty evaluations including annual reviews and post-tenure reviews. These structural pieces are all key to equity.
We seek a Program Manager in the area of gender equity in academia to help lead an NSF-funded ADVANCE grant, called CSU STEPs for Gender Equity. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in developing this exciting new initiative. The position is intended to continue after the grant-funded work is complete. Applicants must have atleast a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, 3 years of relevant professional experience, and in-depth knowledge of organizational equity.
This position reports to the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and coordinates with the Principal Investigator (PI) of the ADVANCE grant.
Specific duties include: defining the processes, procedures, and reporting to manage the program; monitoring progress to make sure milestones are met across the various projects and overall program; managing the program budget; coordinating communications (teleconferences, face-to-face, written, etc.); organizing, leading and participating in regular group meetings; organizing internal and external reviews; coordinating progress reports including assisting with document preparation and submission. CSU STEPs is a new initiative and this is a new position. The successful candidate should have the ability to figure things out as they go.
CSU STEPs will implement specific activities and programming including creating a forum of department heads and chairs to deepen their understanding of DEI; further imbue faculty searches with principles of equity and inclusion; provide training and support for chairs of promotion and tenure committees; increasing retention.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Project Management; Educational Leadership; Organizational Development; Diversity, Equity, Inclusion; or a STEM discipline)
- 3 years of relevant professional experience requiring a high level of competency and responsibility. Examples of relevant professional experience would be work in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion; project or program management; higher education; faculty matters.
- in-depth knowledge of organizational equity
- in-depth knowledge of U.S. higher education
- Demonstrated project management experience, including scope and time management, budgeting and procurement components; using project management software
- experience communicating complex issues, building relationships, and working through conflict to consensus or resolution within and across varied groups direct experience working with faculty Masters or PhD in a relevant field
- experience managing federally funded projects
- demonstrated knowledge of intersectionality in diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice topics
- ability to generate enthusiasm and excitement in others
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter (2 pages maximum) which addresses your interest in the position along with how your professional experiences align with identified required and preferred qualifications of the position, a current resume, and the names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 11/07/2021
For full job description, including OEE statement, background check policy statement, and diversity statement see https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/93165.
More search results
Assistant Professor in Physical Geography
University of Durham
Rogue Community College
Associate Chair of Biomedical Engineering
New Jersey Institute of Technology
Assistant Professor - Rehabilitation & Exercise S…
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Dean of Education Search
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign