Information Technology Director, Penn Nursing
Information Technology Director, Penn Nursing
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Information Technology Director, Penn Nursing
Job Profile Title
Information Technology Director
Job Description Summary
The Enterprise Infrastructure Services group at the School of Nursing is seeking a dynamic, highly technical and talented IT Director to manage the teams that will design and provide all information technology infrastructure and software development for the school.
The IT Director leads the team that will design, implement and support our on-prem and cloud server and networking infrastructure, as well as managing and providing DevOps infrastructure & support to the rest of ITS. The complex environment has a tiered infrastructure that includes virtual servers in Azure, storage, firewalls, advanced network architectures, Microsoft and Linux servers, and management of an Office 365 tenant. Lead the software development team including product and project management of complex software solutions. Manage IT infrastructure planning, data analysis and reporting, business continuity and disaster recovery as well as performance reporting to support capacity, scalability and budget planning. Work with the Data Analyst on the Infrastructure team to build out a robust and supportable reporting system to meet the School's growing data reporting needs. Ensure that all verticals across the team are cross-trained, with planned escalation paths and tiered layers of support to provide the best possible service levels and user experience. Manage the relationship with the University Information Security Office; understand and communicate the impact of University guidelines, HIPAA, FERPA regulations and security policies. Provide budget inputs as needed related to infrastructure upgrades, and supervises five full-time staff members across the systems team, the support team, and the data analysis team.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5-7 years experience in systems engineering and administration or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong understanding of private-cloud infrastructure technologies is a must. Knowledge of public-cloud infrastructure is highly desirable. VMware, ITIL, and/or Microsoft Certifications are a plus. Strong troubleshooting and project management skills are essential. Prior budget management and supervisory experience needed.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative, results oriented team player who has a strong desire to learn continually and grow professionally while thriving in a face paced work environment requiring the ability to prioritize and execute with a focus on innovation and creative business solutions and exceptional customer service. Strong technical knowledge and skills needed include:
- Working knowledge of VMware design, management, and optimization required
- Experience with Dell EqualLogic storage administration or any other enterprise SAN systems
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Exchange / Office 365 administration
- Expert knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, TCP/IP and RedHat Linux
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server clustering, backup, configuration, and security
- Exposure to Microsoft enterprise applications, such as IIS, SharePoint, and Systems Center Operations Manager
- Familiarity with firewalls (Palo Alto), routing and networking troubleshooting
- Experience with Citrix XenApp
- Experience with Load Balancers is desired
- Experience with various monitoring tools
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience with the following technologies is highly desired: Microsoft Azure, Office 365, AWS, iSCSI/FCoE protocols, and Linux HPC clusters
- Strong IT project management experience and ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Nursing
$72,837.00 - $205,981.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Claire-M-Fagin-Hall/Information-Technology-Director--Penn-Nursing_JR00042152-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Mathematics Professor - Tenured / Tenure Track (O…
New York University
Dean, Meinders School of Business
Oklahoma City University
Dean, School of Computing and Information
University of Pittsburgh School of Computing and Information
Dean of the Graduate School of Applied and Profes…
Rutgers University- New Brunswick
Tenure Track Faculty – Civil Engineering (Environ…
California State University Sacramento