Director, Information Technology - Penn Nursing
- University of Pennsylvania
Director, Information Technology - Penn Nursing
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Director, Information Technology - Penn Nursing
Job Profile Title
Information Technology Director
Job Description Summary
The IT Director for Solutions Engineering oversees the product and service management of business, research, and academic solutions to further the strategic administrative, academic, and research goals of the School of Nursing.
Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer, the IT Director leads a team of four software developers working on three verticals of solutions engineering: business solutions, research, and productization. Provide project management and product management services to the team and to the leadership of the School. Work closely with management, IT Strategic Partners, faculty leadership, and administrative staff of all levels to identify needs and provide solutions. Lead the strategic effort to assess the feasibility of productizing internally developed solutions for sale to other institutions, and lead the effort to develop software solutions as a revenue generating business where feasible. Work across Information Technology Services to accomplish solution provisioning and support. The IT Director oversees all aspects of product management for solutions and is responsible for managing work being done on those solutions whether doing the work his or herself, managing the team doing the work, selecting an off-the-shelf solution, or managing external developers doing the work. Implement KPI tracking and continual process evaluation and improvement. Support the rollout of new and maintenance of existing large-scale projects, either via direct hands-on design, development, research, testing, debugging, documentation, and customer service, or via assigning an appropriate resource from your team. Balance the resources of your team against priorities and deadlines. Work closely with the leadership of ITS to ensure your teams DevOps needs are being met, and advise on DevOps and Cloud infrastructure decisions.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline with at least 5-7 years relevant experience developing and maintaining web-based applications, managing technical solutions, and working with data, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of web application programming and experience with at least one server-side programming language (ASP.NET/C#, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of software engineering principles and product management
- Experience with RDBMS platforms and strong SQL knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in needs assessment
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively within tight turnaround schedules
- Ability to keep abreast of technology trends
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills both technical and non-technical and the desire to continue doing so
- Experience with ASP.NET/C#
- Advanced knowledge about relational databases and MS SQL
- Experience with Data Integration Tools
- Experience working in cloud environments such as Azure and AWS
- Experience managing software developers and products
- Experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Nursing
$72,837.00 - $205,981.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Claire-M-Fagin-Hall---2nd-Floor/Director--Information-Technology---Penn-Nursing_JR00040592-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency