Relationship Manager, MBA Career Management, Wharton School
- University of Pennsylvania
Relationship Manager, MBA Career Management, Wharton School
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Relationship Manager, MBA Career Management, Wharton School
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Sr. Associate Director of Employer Engagement, the Relationship Manager (RM) manages entire life cycle, from initial outreach and cultivation, to year-over-year expansion and partnership development of relationships with a diverse set of employers by serving as primary contact for all aspects of engagement across mature and enterprise sectors, in support of Wharton MBA students internship and full time job searches, both domestic and international. With recruiting and talent pipeline management changing rapidly, this role is expected to fully understand the current landscape as well as anticipate and adapt to trends in MBA talent acquisition. This knowledge is mission critical to the success of our stakeholders, by making it seamless and easy for employer partners to work with the MBACM office to identify talent as well as offer proactive, value-add service levels at every point in the recruiting calendar. This role works in significant partnership with Senior Associate Directors on Industry Team(s) to add insights to employer conversations from student advising, and vice versa, to foster data-driven, company specific, recruiting strategies. This position requires creativity to draft custom tailored employer engagement plans, attention to detail to plan and executive employer strategies as well as adapt and iterate to changes, and a genuine interest in working to deliver best-in-class service for companies recruiting at Wharton.
This highly collaborative role sits at the intersection of students and employers and plays a significant role in driving student offer success and larger MBACM Team satisfaction. This position may include some or all of the following responsibilities for their assigned industries that will fluctuate over the academic year:
- Researching, drafting, and overseeing planning and implementation of all recruiting initiatives and sharing best practices with MBACM colleagues and feedback to employers, in both virtual and in-person formats with a goal of making recruiting at Wharton as simple as possible to deliver leading satisfaction.
- Inviting and cultivating connected communities of employers, recruiters, alumni and students in an ever-expanding set of industries, geographies, and interests with the goal meeting and exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Work to plan and deliver personalized recruiting plans based on the unique talent and timeline needs of the employer including hosting both small-scale intimate and large-scale comprehensive events such as informational panels, small group lunches, and enterprise insights events that support employer brand and educate students to make informed choices on experiential and educational opportunities and for students to learn more about industries and roles.
- New business development, both virtually and in person, within their industries including outreach to new companies and increasing the Wharton hiring footprint across companies where relationships currently exist including existing recruiting partners and developing new employer relationships, connecting to alumni within our employer firms, and outreach to Wharton colleagues such as External Affairs, Research Centers, Faculty, and others that could offer insight and value to the employer relationship.
The RM serves as a co-liaison with student professional clubs and MBACM advisor(s) to support club adoption and usage of career management tools, supporting club business development and partnering with club leaders to identify target companies and contacts to institutionalize relationships and grow engagement. In addition, the RM may help to plan and attends treks, club-sponsored career events, and support year-over-year club leadership succession and transition of knowledge sharing.
The RM manages the recruiting platform (CareerPath) utilized by all recruiters and students, including requests for in-person and virtual engagement, such as job postings, events, interview schedules, coffee chats, ‘CM OpportunityWeeks' and ‘Enterprise Insights' events across mature and enterprise recruiting. The RM is responsible for scheduling interviews and signups for employer recruiting and student-to-alumni connectivity events, with a high degree of attention to detail to ensure success as well as working to support post event survey outreach and review with an improvement mindset.
The RM serves on various, integrated internal project teams to build out best-in-class initiatives across marketing, events, business development, and technology improvements, including MAP, Wharton Alumni Career Chats platform, Enterprise Recruiting Lab, Peer Career Chats program, Alumni Supporting Careers program, and enhancing CareerPath features.
The RM is responsible for staying up-to-date on key recruiting statistics and trends, educating students and staff on industry hiring trends, company-specific updates, and the recruiting processes for various industries, using channels such as CareerPath recruiting platform, MyWharton, Salesforce platform, and our proprietary ‘My Action Plan' (MAP) platform.
Lastly, the RM provides input and information for planning each upcoming recruiting year by month and forecasted budget needs by month; analyzes and recommends policy changes related to the recruiting process as part of an office team such as offer deadline and policy non-compliance; solicits student and employer feedback through various means, such as surveys and focus groups to make data-driven decisions; develops and executes communication strategies that are on MBACM brand and templates to stakeholders along with senior administration.
Bachelor's degree required. A minimum of three to five years of prior work experience in MBA recruiting services or direct industry experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A strong customer service mentality and client management skills including solid presentation and outstanding inter- personal skills as well as ability to manage multiple tasks. Excellent organizational capabilities, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of team in order to support both students and employers. A solid understanding of career development and recruiting process or related areas in either business or in an academic setting. Good knowledge of business and business careers along with strong written and oral communication skills. Highly skilled at using PC-based systems/applications and prior experience with internet based research. Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills desired. Must be flexible and respect confidentiality.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/McNeil-Building/Relationship-Manager--MBA-Career-Management--Wharton-School_JR00042249
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency