Simulation Operations Technician, Penn Nursing
Simulation Operations Technician, Penn Nursing
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Simulation Operations Technician, Penn Nursing
Job Profile Title
Laboratory Services Assistant D
Job Description Summary
The Simulation Operations Technician implements, operates, and participates in simulation activities as outlined by Simulation Education Specialists, faculty, and the operations team to guarantee a high quality, safe, and consistent simulation experience in the Helene Fuld Pavilion for Innovative Learning.
This role is responsible for the preparation, setup, and disassembly of the necessary equipment and supplies for each activity. Another responsibility of this role is to provide direct support to the HFP inventory system by ensuring that the inventory system is kept up to date with our current offerings, inventory on hand, and ensure that it can be used as a visual guide for all of the Pavilion's Holding. This includes direct and clear communication to the administrative coordinator and operations manager regarding low stock and verifying supply counts for equipment.
The position leads the daily restocking process for all ‘on hand' supplies housed in each of the Helene Fuld Pavilion learning spaces. This role will identify the need for any item additions to the supply carts, or additional on hand supply areas related to specific tasks or procedures. Provide daily upkeep and maintenance of equipment and learning spaces. The simulation operations specialist provides support and backup to SOS in operating simulation equipment or the simulation capture system during the activity. The simulation technician must maintain excellent customer service skills and effective communications with all clientele and co-workers.
Provide setup simulation activities across the curriculum
- Collaborate with Simulation Operations Specialists on the design and layout of simulation activities.
- Gather equipment, supplies, and technology for a requested simulation activity in a timely manner prior to an event, and report any missing, damaged, or depleted items to the appropriate Fuld Pavilion faculty and staff member(s) for re-ordering and/or repair and suggest substitutions when possible.
- Set up simulation activities according to plan provided by Simulation Education Specialists, with guidance from the operations manager and SOSs
- Prepare scenario props for simulation activities.
- Prepare all supplies and equipment for simulation activities in advance
- Execute daily assignments to ensure that simulation activities are set up prior to start of scheduled activities
- Assist in re-setting the simulation activity between active simulations to maintain quality and consistency amongst learners
- Ensure all equipment is put away properly and neatly after the “breakdown” of a simulation activity
- Provide first line feedback to SOSs and operations manager on function of equipment
- Participate in weekly meetings with HFP team for planning purposes
Provide direct support to the HFP inventory system
- Check all incoming equipment and supplies against the packing slip and report any discrepancies to the administrative coordinator and operations manager
- Ensure all incoming equipment and supplies are properly scanned/input into the inventory database to ensure accurate tracking of all materials
- Ensure all outgoing equipment and supplies are properly scanned out of the inventory database to ensure accurate tracking of all materials
- Assist administrative coordinator in supply counts and checks to assist in ordering process
- Assist with the maintenance of the visual inventory manual linked to inventory database.
- Ensure all supplies locations are properly labeled.
- Ensure current vendor information is kept up to date in inventory database.
- Ensure items are placed in and out of maintenance mode in inventory database.
- Ensure that items are stored in the proper designated locations.
- Ensure the proper usage of storage bins throughout the Fuld Pavilion.
- Assist administrative coordinator in preparation of physical assessment kits as necessary
- Communicate shortages to the full HFP team, to include administrative coordinator, operations manager, and SOS
Provide daily upkeep and maintenance of Helene Fuld Pavilion equipment and learning spaces
- Clean and empty fluid containers and reservoirs within Patient Simulators after each use.
- Clean reusable equipment and supplies after each use.
- Properly store patient simulators, reusable supplies and equipment.
- Reduce clutter by returning unused supplies and equipment to their proper storage areas.
- Store new equipment and supplies in their designated areas.
- Dispose of trash and bio hazardous materials per University Policy.
- Maintain Fuld Pavilion Appearance.
Lead the daily restocking process for the Helene Fuld Pavilion.
- Maintain a listing of items and quantities to be available on hand in Fuld Pavilion space for simulation activity use.
- At the beginning and ending of each workday, replenish and organize on hand supplies in each Fuld Pavilion space.
- Collaborate with Simulation Operations Specialists on activities that may require extra on hand stock.
- Identify spaces that should have an expanded selection of on hand items.
- Identify needs, recommend, and build for additional mobile supply carts to service individual tasks or procedures.
Provide support and backup to SOS in operating simulation capture system, maintaining equipment, and operation of high fidelity mannequins.
- Know how to operate the simulation capture system to record simulation activities
- Have a basic understanding of how to turn on and operate high fidelity mannequins and their computers
- Learn basic first-line troubleshooting and elevate issues to SOSs
- Assist SOSs in providing basic maintenance to equipment, including (but not limited to) external equipment cleaning and powdering, fluid line cleaning, and some parts replacement
- Learn basic moulage techniques and be able to execute for a simulation activity
Perform additional duties as assigned
High School Diploma/GED, 1-2 years in healthcare simulation experience; Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) desired.
Office, Library, computer room, Alternative work schedules
Occasional lifting 25-50 lb., Typically standing or walking, Intermittently sitting/standing/stooping.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Nursing
$17.58 - $31.65
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Claire-M-Fagin-Hall/Simulation-Operations-Technician--Penn-Nursing_JR00041661-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency