Alumni Relations Coordinator
Alumni Relations Coordinator
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Alumni Relations Coordinator
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
As a key member of the Alumni Relations team, the Alumni Relations Coordinator will play a lead role in supporting and managing multiple annual events and programs designed to engage and deepen relationships between alumni, students, parents, and friends and the Perelman School of Medicine. In addition, this position will work with the Director and Associate Director to plan and execute Alumni Relations' largest event, Medical Alumni Weekend, as well as several other local and virtual events. With limited supervision, the Alumni Relations Coordinator will also oversee the day to day operations of the team's two largest volunteer programs - the Alumni Mentorship and HOST Programs.
1. Working closely with Director and Associate Director, this position will provide primary support for the planning and execution of Medical Alumni Weekend programming and reunion activities. Specific responsibilities may include event marketing, reserving event venues and and audio-visual needs, as well as on-site support of registration and programming.
2. Drive engagement, manage activities, and act as the central point of contact for four (4) medical class reunion committees. This includes assisting key class volunteers through recruitment of classmates, conference calls, and outreach to classmates. Help identify and track class fundraising and attendance goals. Execute individualized projects and class-specific programming during Medical Alumni Weekend.
3. Take the lead role in planning and executing one to two local and virtual events throughout the year. This may include signature annual events like the Match Day Celebration, Women in Medicine Celebration, Scholarship Celebration Reception, and Student Study Breaks.
4. Manage the daily operations of the Host Our Students as They Travel (HOST) Program, which connects medical students and residents with alumni and parent volunteers. Oversee the annual program's marketing as well as volunteer recruitment and stewardship.
5. Manage the daily operations of the Alumni Mentorship Program, which virtually connects mentors and mentees from the Penn Medicine community. Constituents include current students, current housestaff, and alumni. Manage the ongoing program's marketing as well as recruitment and stewardship.
6. Monitor and maintain the Alumni Relations sections of the Perelman School of Medicine Alumni website and provide relevant updates to showcase current and upcoming events and dedicated reunion class pages.
7. Maintain and update constituent contact information, email preferences, and opt outs in University database. Also includes large data uploads and data management projects for Alumni Relations team.
8. Utilize and maintain established project management and timeline tracking systems.
9. Staff other special events as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
H.S. Diploma and 5-7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience within a College or University setting desired.
**Please provide a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this role. Please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of the application prior to submitting.**
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Development and Alumni Relations
$20.00 - $36.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3535-Market/Alumni-Relations-Coordinator_JR00041351-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Dean, Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing …
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Assistant Teaching Professor of Chemistry (Organi…
The University of Tampa
Dean, School of Law
Business Librarian, USF Libraries, Tampa campus
University of South Florida
Curator-FL Environmental & Natural History Collec…
University of South Florida